Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Harry Potter (Wizarding World Universe) Book • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kyle Max, Apr 26, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Movies:

deathly hallows 2/goblet of fire
    Sorcerers stone
    Prisoner of Azkaban
    Deathly hallows 1
    Half blood prince
    Order of the Phoenix /Chamber of secrets

2. I’ve seen every movie only one time. But I’ve watched Wizard People Dear Readers like 5 times. Haha.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Cool to see so many people have the Goblet of Fire film at the top of their ranking! I was under the impression that was the consensus least favourite in the fanbase. My ranking of the films would be:

1. Half-Blood Prince
    2. Philopopher's Stone
    3. Prisoner of Azkaban
    4. Chamber of Secrets
    5. Order of the Phoenix
    6. Deathly Hallows Part 2
    7. Goblet of Fire
    8. Deathly Hallows Part 1

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Glad to see another HBP fan! That's my favorite of the films, and likely the books too. Especially in the movie the awkward humor shines, and the emotional climax always reminds me of Empire Strikes Back.

I'm curious how Chamber of Secrets manages to rank so high for you, though... Kenneth Branagh is great of course, but that movie's always been hard to appreciate for me.

1. Half-Blood Prince
    2. Prisoner of Azkaban
    3. Goblet of Fire
    4. Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
    5. Sorcerer's Stone
    6. Order of the Phoenix
    7. Deathly Hallows Pt. 1
    8. Chamber of Secrets

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Watching this now, how in the world did they get Helen Mirren to do this lol?

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Boy did I dislike fantastic beasts. Felt devoid of charm to me.

7. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

It’s been awhile since I watched Fantastic Beasts 1 but I remember liking it until Depp showed up

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’ve been pretty lukewarm on both Fantastic Beasts movies. They’re fine, but if they weren’t connected to the HP world, I couldn’t see myself giving them the time of day

awakeohsleeper and Colby Searcy like this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yep

333 GANG likes this.
  10. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

The whole franchise should've been primarily the Dumbledore/Grindelwald conflict and Mads should have been cast from the start. The first movie is forgettable, the second movie is convoluted. I'll watch the remaining 3 films, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it after the first two.

Colby Searcy and 333 GANG like this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The Hogwarts Legacy gameplay looked fun and the graphics are amazing imo

12. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m very excited for it. Will be buying a used copy for obvious reasons, but I can’t wait to play it. Looks beautiful, and surprisingly deep.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

NOOOOOOOO

Colby Searcy likes this.
  15. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

[​IMG]

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Good quality beanies and good charity.

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they’re great people.

justin. likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. I think that Daniel and most of the other actors are why I can separate the movies from JKR. That makes me a hypocrite - I often don’t separate art from the artist, but the films offer joyous memories when the author of the books has been so terrible

20. justin. Nov 1, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2022)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I still haven't watched the films but I feel nostalgic for them due to the adverts and my older brother being really big into them.

I bought one ticket to see the final film and yawned while the entire lobby was full so I just went home and slept.

From what I've gathered, all of the actors have real love for this fictional world and each other and I take that as why so many fans admire it, despite the author's comments. I'd really like to see the actors team-up in future films, whether or not it's related to this franchise.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

22. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Idk if I like the idea of a reboot. It will be tough to top some of the original films. They should just wait 10 years and make a set of films that take place after deathly hallows part 2.

24. 333 GANG

ACAB

Definitely premature, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t watch the shit out of it. I just won’t pay to do so

25. No way they’d be even close to the same, as a whole. Big no thanks.