Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Harms Way - Posthuman (2/19/18; Metal Blade) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cherrywaves, Dec 9, 2017.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah I mean it sells the record short. It's a progression for them and a refinement of what they had been doing on Rust and Blinded. The focus on the macho element is obnoxious

amorningofsleep and Joel like this.
  2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

yeah, from reading that I'd assume we were still in the balaclava/crowd killing era of this band lol

also would be cool if I never had to picture "Hatebreed doing trip-hop" ever again but that's just me

amorningofsleep likes this.
  3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Tell that to the kids throwing down at the last two Harms Way shows I went to here locally (opening for Nails and Weekend Nachos respectively). The machismo and swole-ness (kill me for using that word) was alive and well with crowdkilling and rough moshing abound. While they may be hyperbolic for the actual music, the descriptors used in that review at least describe their live shows aptly in my experience

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah but dude is reviewing their album not their live show. Although to be fair this is the heaviest thing they’ve put out

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I can already say I will like this record more than Rust. I'm so impressed on this first listen.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I meant to chime in with this over the weekend, but if anyone is curious, this is GREAT snow-shoveling music.

7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

@swboyd probably knows what I'm talking about!

swboyd likes this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

it made for great driving music while i was driving back from bloomington trying to beat the snow storm we got last monday. i maaaay have gone 15 over all the way up i-55 until i hit the normal heavy congestion after i got on the tri-state.

KidLightning likes this.
  9. primavera Mar 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2018)
    primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this kicks big ass. sink is a jam.

@sophos34 feel like you'd love this

KidLightning likes this.
  10. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

uhh they're on warped this summer lol

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. cherrywaves

Trusted

I hope dude wears the balaclava still

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wait they're on warped what i didn't even see that lol

13. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ah yeah, still very kind of these guys to gift us with the biggest assbeating so early in the year

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them headline last week and he was balaclava-less. They still slayed but I can't say I wasn't a little disappointed.

cherrywaves likes this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Bo (guitarist) has a pod with Colin Young and it's a fun listen, they discussed the backlash to Rust (and twitching tongues' disharmony) this week

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Gonna listen now. Rust has grown on me over the years. I like this pod.

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. phaynes12

they mention one particular reviewer being on both band's shitlist. for twitching tongues, i have to imagine it's Ronald McDonald, but i can't find him doing anything really on harms way.

18. Rust whips

19. phaynes12

it isn't a bad record but it is their worst