Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hardcore Henry Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ForestOfAllusion, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ForestOfAllusion

Old Aesthetic Prestigious

I have tickets to tomorrow night's Ultimate Fan Experience pre-show. I am cautiously stoked for this. Look nauseating.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Did you see it? How was it? Nauseating?

I'm hoping to go this weekend, but will probably see Everybody Wants Some first so I dunno if I'll have time.

3. ForestOfAllusion

Yes I saw it. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It wasn't nauseating due to its first person perspective, although it definitely is jarring. It's relentless and hilarious, I am personally glad it didn't take itself too seriously. Highly recommend, and side note: I saw this with a buddy of mine and we were drinking before the film. Not sure if that was a prerequisite, but not a bad call on our parts.

I feel sort of bad, me and my buddy were 2 of 6 people for the prescreening. In a weekend of new releases up against The Boss and Evereybody Wants Some, I hope people decide to bring Henry into their lives. Raucous good fun.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Midnight Special and Demolition are also going wide this weekend. Kinda crowded at the box office, but I think this film might have a specific enough demographic to do decent. I'll definitely be seeing it on a big screen at some point soon.

5. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

It was alright. I don't think I ever need to see it again, but it was a fun theater experience.

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't think this was very good at all.

7. drstrong

I'm Back.

All I know is that the movie Doom did this gimmick back in 2005 and it was enough first person shooter in a film that I needed.

Henry likes this.
  8. Bob Loblaw

Wubbalubbadubdub

I saw this movie this weekend and if you are a fan of FPS video games then I highly recommend it. It's brainless fun so don't go in expecting much of a story or anything else besides nonstop action, cursing, and a gratuitous nudity segment. The movie doesn't take itself seriously and if you don't as well, you should enjoy it immensely. It's very un-PC and very immature so be forewarned. I did feel a little queasy at one point, but not for long and I get very bad motion sickness on rides so I don't think it should be a big problem for most people.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was dope.

It's not a great film, but they do some really neat stuff with the camera... and it's basically all you could really want from an action flick. I thought the POV thing would wear thin pretty quickly, but they did a good job of sustaining interest for the 90+ minutes. Kinda seemed like a mix of Crank and The Raid (two movies I thoroughly enjoy).

10. Saw this lastnight. It was such a fun little bastard! One of my friends had to leave halfway through though because he was feeling nauseous from the camera movement and everything, ha. But I loved it. It's probably not one I'll wanna see again anytime soon, but it was a lot of fun and a nice twist to the typical action movie.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah I'd never rewatch it. It was fun, though maybe an hour in I was about done with it. I would have probably enjoyed it more if it were a short film in the vein of Kung Fury

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't find the camera movement to be overwhelming at all... and I worried that I would.

I do kind of agree that this could have been done as a short half hour thing or something, but like I said before, I don't really feel like it overstayed its welcome.

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

14. ForestOfAllusion

Sort of sad this movie bombed at the box office, I am still thinking about it a week later.