Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Happy Paramore Day • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Pretty good first single. It's cool they are further branching out from the standard pop rock sound. The timing works to do the '80s pop revival sound, given where a lot of pop music is at right now. If they want to meet or exceed last album's success this direction makes lots of sense. I would imagine the next song or two will be the big singles, but I dig this first song. I'm sure after more than one listen it will grow as well.

2. colemanbright

After that last halfnoise record, seems like Zac had quite a big influence! With 3 great songwriters working together, this album is sure to be great. Love it!

thecobrakais likes this.
  3. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

The 1975 is a band's band and you can see their influence in a lot of groups, some more so than others. The song was pretty good, if its true they were inspired by Tango In The Night, so were The 1975 when they wrote ILIWYS...curious to hear how the rest of the album sounds.

4. thecobrakais

Regular

probably way off topic, but this article refers to her as "Ms. Williams" a lot. Are she and Chad still married?

5. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Definitely, keeping Williams is just part of a "stage name" at this point. Wouldn't make sense for her to promote herself as Hayley Gilbert since Hayley Williams is very recognizable.

6. Ryhaan

The Sound and Somebody Else are still ALL over US radio and Satellite Radio.

7. Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Looking at the charts again

I guess both songs did do better on Alt and Rock radio than I had thought. I was mostly thinking about how none of the songs hit the Hot 100 besides "Love Me," which peaked at 100 and immediately fell off.

8. Schooner

Trusted

Good tune. It totally sounds like the Australian electro pop groups of a few years back like LadyHawke and more specifically Sia before she became international with Guetta in the We Are Born era, music and imagery

ryan.conde likes this.
  9. Schooner

Trusted

Most people I know these days are 50/50 on changing the last name after getting married now amongst ppl I know. I know I wouldn't bother if I was a lady

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Single didn't really do it for me, but Ill check out what they got

NewSurrender likes this.
  11. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

I actually really dig it

I was gonna say it's very reminiscent of older Sia to me, like Clap Your Hands and You've Changed

Schooner and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  12. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I still think Riot and Brand New Eyes are the best albums from Paramore, didn't enjoy the self titled one anywhere near as much. This song didn't do much for me. I'll still give the album a listen when it gets released

13. Schooner

Trusted

100% those 2 songs. Almost likes it's a merge of both

14. Chloe

Such a great song. Great synth, great bass, great guitar line, great beat. Just now heard the "1,2,3,4" at the beginning of the song haha. Beat doesn't sound only 80s to me. I think they mentioned ethnic beats or something in the interview, and I could see that.

15. BigG1392

seems so scary to be buried

Love this. I've had this on repeat all day. so stoked for the record!

16. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

It might just be because I was shuffling through Arcade Fire not too long ago, but this gives me similar vibes to when Reflektor was released. I wonder if the whole record's gonna be dancey like this.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is catchy as hell. The self-titled was their best album so I have high hopes for this album

18. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album! Love the video and direction the band is going. They rarely disappoint.

19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Ms. Williams like twenty times.

Anyways, super fun catchy first single. Complete 180 from what I thought of Now, which I still can't get through whenever listening to the last album. Can't wait for some US dates.

20. kiguel182

Regular

I'm not usually the biggest fan of this 80's throwback sound but I really enjoy this. Great chorus. I'm hoping for a pretty energetic record!

21. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Chase Tremaine likes this.