Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Happy Death Day 2U (February 14, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jun 15, 2017.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Not to be that guy but this looks extremely triggering for people who have been affected by suicide.

2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Eeeeehhh, I don't know. Wish they'd left the first one alone.

3. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Loved the first one. This one... ehhh, not sure about. Looks like the same movie.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. I wish they were literally releasing the same movie again

stayillogical likes this.
  6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I love this new trailer.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like this is (also) solid

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

And can anyone who's already seen a pre-screening confirm, in spoiler tags, whether or not a Paramore song is played during one of Tree's deaths?

michael_gatto likes this.
  11. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing this in a few minutes. Verrrrry excited.

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

basically all of Hard Times plays during a montage of her killing herself

Joe4th likes this.
  13. There's a mid-credits scene.

Zilla and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

To be fair, they pretty much did with a few twists.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. michael_gatto

Trusted

I really enjoyed this. It felt like the first one but I liked all the new things this did. I'd be down to see a third. Also the Hard Times montage made me super happy.

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The paramore song?

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked this maybe only a little less than the first. Retains the fun and everything else the first had going for it, but there's a bit of fat that could've been trimmed and the stuff with Tree's mom might not work for everyone. Still worth seeing with a big crowd if that happens to you

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Solid sequel, was happy to see it wasn’t a rehash of the premise with Ryan since it sets it up that way.

19. jjnunn118 Feb 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2019)
    jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was tons of fun! Was very skeptical about them explaining the time loops with experimental science but I think it overall worked.

20. Yikes, lol I hated this. Real bad stuff. Literally the first thing I said to girlfriend as we left theater was “did that feel like a Disney Channel original movie to you?” and she replied with “I was just going to ask you the same thing”

The first one elevated itself just above the wheelhouse of a dull sigh out loud teen drama due to the fun suspense and mystery of it all — this one had none of that and as a result just straight up lived in it. Lots of C-rate one liners as a team of meddling college kiddos try to hide their big cool science project from the mean professor lol. I was actually kind of surprised that they bothered to wrap up who the new killer was at all since it really like, didn’t matter whatsoever. The plot with Tree’s mom was probably the closest I came to being invested at all, but the whole “let the past be the past” resolution was a snooze and kinda squashed it.

Idk I feel weird even typing this much about it because clearly the movie just wasn’t really meant for me. Props to them for avoiding making the same movie over again, I’m just bummed that they kept basically none of the first one’s prominent elements that made it such a surprise to begin with. Feels like I got tricked lol.

21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Mfw someone acts like Disney channel original movies aren’t good [​IMG]

22. I mean, I sat and watched the premiere of basically all of them as a kid, I’ve got hella nostalgia for them but I’m not gonna act like I’d be taking a trip to the theater to pay for a viewing of Smart House if it were to come out right now

23. supernovagirl

Well that’s your foolish mistake then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Contender and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  24. supernovagirl

Do you know how many times I’ve rewatched COUNTLESS movies I paid to see in theater?
    Do you know how many times I’ve rewatched Smart House???
    I rest my case

Ok you probably DONT know how many times I’ve rewatched smart house but let me just tell ya
    [​IMG]

25. Lol! Yeah I mean, more power to ya. I rewatch stuff all the time too, paid for or otherwise — that wasn’t really the point. Was just saying that this reminded me of those movies for multiple reasons, and it absolutely was not the vibe I expected going into it based on how the first one was, and is not something I would’ve spent time or money on if I had known. Just different strokes is all!

supernovagirl likes this.