Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Happy Death Day 2U (February 14, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jun 15, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This actually looks pretty good.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I'm down for that. Looks fun.

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm not going to watch the trailer, but the premise sounds really fun. Wikipedia categorizes it as a slasher. It's been too long since I saw a slasher on the big screen, so I'm excited. The director has a bit of a scattered track record, but nothing I've seen him do has been bad

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

looks like my kind of movie.

5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

This looks awesome.

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

MPAA Ratings Updates

Looks like this is rated PG-13. Hmm. Not sure how that'll fare for the quality of thw film if they're going for a straightforward slasher. The Final Girls was PG-13 for example and was great but that was because it was it was a satire with emotional weight. I haven't seen the trailee for this so I'm not sure if they're going for a bit of a comedic twist too

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Ay, teen horror shouldn't be discredited as long as you know going into it what to expect

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Seeing ads everywhere

9. Dog with a Blog

It makes sense from an economical standpoint tbh. That pg-13 rating will bring in so much more money, but I really wish it was R

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Mixed reviews like I expected but I'm still excited to see this

electro haikus likes this.
  11. Yeah this does look like it could be fun to watch. Since IT came out a little too early it'll be nice to have something like this around Halloween to go see

Early guess is that it's the sister

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yep, looks like a nice little halloween flick. my theater backlog is running pretty high though, need to put a dent in it

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

May check this out now that I have my MoviePass.

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

probably gonna check this out tomorrow afternoon before all the kiddies get out of school

16. I'm gonna probably check this out this weekend. Is it actually any good though?

17. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Might see this tonight out of boredom. Looks like a fun watch

18. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Got tickets for 9pm tonight. Should be a good time.

19. trevorshmevor Oct 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2017)
    Seeing this tonight too. Hope I don't wind up wishing I'd stayed home to watch Mindhunter instead lol

20. Welp thought I could beat the teenage crowd by catching an earlier showing of this and totally fucked myself

I forgot all about the pre-teen crowd

21. This was just a dumb, fun movie. Obviously extremely cheesy, covers pretty much every stupidly frustrating character and plot flaw in a teen-aimed slasher movie, but as long as you don't overthink it or expect it to be anything more than it is, you'll enjoy it

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

So much fun. It's obviously not to be taken seriously. I think the lead girl did an amazing job. She was very cool and reminded me of Emma Stone in Easy A.

23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I want to see this! I love slashers and the groundhogs day theme of it all

24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I missed the first 20 minutes when I saw this, so for once I'm thankful for having seen a trailer beforehand, but it was fun, like everyone's been saying. It would have been tough to do a movie with a heavy concept straight faced (Friend Request gahh) so even though I was first interested in this because I thought it was just a horror film I'm thankful with what we got

25. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Did no one watch this?