Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Happiest Season (Clea Duvall, November 25,2020,Hulu) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 30, 2020.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I heard someone say that Jane was coded that way, I didn't see it but I also don't think the movie was saying she should be made fun of, everyone was clearly an asshole to her because she didn't conform

RyanPm40, trevorshmevor and Orla like this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

she is in the mold of the quirky sibling, like todd in wedding crashers. it is a dumb stereotype, but i didn’t pick up anything angling towards spectrum coding.

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah neither did I, she was just someone comfortable being her quirky stuff, free from the pressure her parents put on the siblings.

But yeah, in terms of Harper, I do strongly feel bad for the pressure of her family and totally understand why she's been so afraid to come out to them. But, that being said, even if they were really just friends, she was kind of a shitty friend the whole time lol. I'd be so upset if a friend invited me somewhere for a week where I knew nobody, then proceeded to ditch me at every opportunity and leave me stuck talking with judgey strangers heh. But I am also someone with extreme social anxiety.

I'm also sure Harper was overcompensating in trying to give off the impression of them being platonic friends, which made her go a bit overboard and push her away more than a good friend typically would

4. Yeah this is kinda what I was getting at earlier in the thread. There’s no self preservation aspect in the way she treated Abby even if they had actually been just friends. Beyond the constant ditching, there’s the coercing Abby into going on a trip she wouldn’t have agreed to go on by lying about the conditions, as well as pressuring Abby to abandon her other friend’s trust by granting a stranger unsupervised access to their house to keep their pets alive lol. A decision that panned out great seeing as he killed the fish and straight up bailed on the dogs at the end. Just really inconsiderate stuff that had nothing to do with her maintaining the illusion of “straightness”

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I freaked out seeing Merchant oyster co lol. I miss Sunday half off oysters so much.

imthesheriff likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

man, i wish i liked this like most people seemed to

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen