Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Happiest Season (Clea Duvall, November 25,2020,Hulu) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Happiest season power rankings
    1. Riley
    2. John
    3. Abby
    4. Jane
    5. Ben De La Creme
    6. Jinx Monsoon
    7. Abby’s power suit at the white elephant party
    8. Jane’s painting
    9. Dan Levy’s glasses
    10. Jane’s book
    11. Jane’s dance moves
    12. Connor
    13. Ana Gasteyer playing a rich donor named Harry
    14. The fish sub plot
    15. John stealing two fur coats
    16. Lauren Lampkus and Timothy Simons are mall cops
    17. cruffins
    18. Sloan
    19. The mom wanting to learn karate
    20. The twins
    21. a bar named frattys
    22. The Santa and reindeer dom/sub scene
    23. The mom
    24. The dad
    25. sloan’s husband
    26. The parent’s names being Ted and tipper
    27. harper

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Mary Holland really ran away with this for me. She was so endearing, hope this leads to some bigger roles for her. Was also great seeing Michelle Buteau in the opening. Hoping for bigger roles for her as well.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Harper is
    [​IMG]

imthesheriff, Zilla and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Aubrey Plaza was really good in this. As mentioned above she needs to be in more non typecast stuff. Dan Levy’s speech at the end made me cry. Also, “I don’t have any secrets but I am an ally.”

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is she typecast that much? it doesn't seem like it. parks and rec, legion, ingrid goes west and this could not be more different

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wouldn’t say she’s typecast but it was surprising (a nice surprise) seeing her just play a regular person.

7. She’s pretty regular in The To Do List and Safety Not Guaranteed

I Am Mick and phaynes12 like this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, the more I think about it she’s not really that out there. I don’t know why her character felt so different

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Her most well-known characters usually have some sense of being, for lack of a better word, “so over it.” I don’t think she’s played such a straightforward character, not even in something like “Ingrid Goes West.”

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. She’s pretty straight forward in the to do list

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I get it because sometimes Eric Andre and Jason Mantzoukas play normal people and it's jarring haha

12. Yeah y’all are right, she’s not been as typecast as I was saying earlier. She’s in been in a lot of things I’ve seen and forgotten about that don’t really play into the sarcastic millennial archetype. I do still think that’s sort of what she’s known for though as that’s always kinda seemed to be her bit irl. In any case she played this role really well and I’d love to see more

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

She does like a million different roles in Legion and is super great.

I really wanted to love this, but... didn’t? It wasn’t funny enough to be a true rom com and Harper was too unlikeable for this to work as a Hallmark type movie. I think I cringed more at the awkwardness of the situation than laughed and that’s just not what I’m looking for in a Christmas movie.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

yeah the best part was spotting all the Pittsburgh locations.

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I didn't realize Mackenzie was so giant haha, I guess because Charlize is also tall
    is a mayoral race that big a deal, movie small towns/Wasps are a different universe
    it was nice seeing K Stew just be cute and charming
    no at Harper basically pulling a Regina George , at first I was like oh she's just Waspy because of her family and then it was like oh no
    poor Jane and Riley
    Tipper buying a horse on Ambien and Sloane yelling stay out of this sappho killed me
    Sloane is just Annie Edison's tethered

personally right now I feel like this is the perfect movie for me, I really hope when all this is done I can watch movies like this in theaters again, weirdly I'm missing that the most

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  16. I really enjoyed this. Plenty of laughs and charm. Jane was easily my favorite character.

Orla likes this.
  17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This movie had me and my girlfriend in it's palm. We really enjoyed it!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen Dec 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 1, 2020)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. Orla Dec 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2020)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

While I celebrate its success, much like "Palm Springs" on Hulu, I wish streaming services would actually release real numbers like shows do for Nielsen ratings.

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This was pretty fun! Not as funny as I thought it'd be, but really loved what Aubrey, Kristin, Alison, Dan, and Mary Holland did with their roles. Dan and Mary definitely carried the comedy in this and were fantastic.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. Staypositive83 Dec 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2020)
    Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Watched this last night. Harper was unbearably awful. Couldn’t find any redemption. Also wasn’t thrilled that Jane was pretty much the butt of all jokes but appeared as if she was being depicted as likely being somewhere on the Autism spectrum. Wouldn’t watch this again.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I don't know about that. Just seemed like Jane was the quiet sibling growing up while Sloane and Harper felt like they had to constantly compete with each other to be the favorite. But yeah, after a second watch I like Harper even less than I did before lol. When John and Abby are talking about their coming out stories, it does make me not totally against Harper.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I definitely did not get the feeling Jane was on the spectrum at all. Interesting.