Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hannibal (NBC) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by cwhit, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The rights going up for grabs this summer makes me feel pretty optimistic. That was a big issue going forward. You know, besides the fact that only dozens of us watched this show. But we are loyal dozens.

Vivatoto and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

i would flip

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Season 2 is one of the greatest things ever put on television.

4. Please, please let it happen !

5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I never did see season 3 of this show but I loved the first two. Thoughts on 3?

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Fuller made a comment at some point about season three being like a pretentious art film, and at times I have to agree - I think that's partly why this show never got a 4th season - however, if you love the first two seasons you owe it to yourself to watch the third. I think it's pretty damn great.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  7. EngineDown

The third season is so obviously the best season lol, cmon

Vivatoto likes this.
  8. I wasn't really invested in the Red Dragon arc but S3's first half was superb.

9. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Season 2 was a 10 and Season 3 was an 11.

Anthony_D'Elia and EngineDown like this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

First half of season 3 has its moments but it's agonizingly slightly slow. Second half of the season is A+ tho

Henry likes this.
  11. EngineDown

y'all forgetting the first half of season two? slowest portion of the series by far

12. EngineDown

not that a slow reveal is bad. fuller excels at it greatly. but if we're gonna talk about dragging, that's the portion that drags imo

13. Anthony_ Dec 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2017)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I love the stuff with Michael Pitt so much in season 2, and the finale was just shocking and heartbreaking in all the right ways. It's hard for me to choose between 2 and 3 because 2 had such a profound effect on me in terms of what could actually be accomplished in network television with the right auteur and enough studio leeway. By the time season 3 came around I expected it to be amazing and it didn't disappoint. So I think I have to give "favorite" to 2 even though 3 is probably the "best," objectively.

That said, just for the amazing adaptation of the Italy section of Hannibal alone, season 3 is an all-time classic. The fact that they also blew Red Dragon out of the water was like icing on the cake.

Vivatoto likes this.
  14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

First half of season 2>Back half of season 2

2>3>1

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Season three dragged so much early on.

kbeef2 likes this.
  16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Season 3 works a lot better if you're binging. First three episodes are 2.5hrs of beautiful cinematography, but ep 4 kicks it into gear.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. I started this today, and the first two episodes were great.

18. EngineDown

oh boy, what a treat

troyplaysbass likes this.
  19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it gets so much better when it strays away from the "monster of the week" stuff too
    not that it wasn't fantastic from the start
    this show needs a rewatch

troyplaysbass likes this.
  20. I figured as much from skimming the thread. Can't wait to see where it goes.

21. Complete series on blu-ray & digital HD for $28.45 on Amazon. It's a steal if you ask me.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

23. Don't do this to me

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Fuck this is gonna be the new Brand New LP5, isn't it.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

HMMMMMMMMM