Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hannah Diamond - Reflections (November 22, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Fuckkkk yeah I did not hear that EP. I'll hold off until I can hear the album!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. Her visuals are phenomenal as usual. I think she does all of it as well? Can't wait to finally have an album after what felt like almost a decade of waiting.

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

Not listening to anything else before the album but she dropped this one yesterday:

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  4. username

hey you lil piss baby

ChiliTacos likes this.
  5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i don't want to wait until friday

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I forgot it was coming this week already. Hoooo boyyyy.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Been listening to this all day, so happy it's out :)))

Concrete Angel is especially stunning.

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Howwwww did I forget this was out today lol I’ve been looking forward to it all year and then some

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Hard to be especially excited about what’s ultimately only 3-4 new songs but it’s still really good! It’s pretty amazing to have some sort of capital s Statement from her after all these years. I’m sure I’ll still spend lots of time with it because even the songs that have been around forever are still great.

Hope everyone in the world realizes that “Concrete Angel” is the best thing ever now.

10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This is pretty good but I don’t think I loved it on first listen. Probably for the reasons above.

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

I'll probably never shut the fuck up about "Concrete Angel" but I love how she uses her voice on it. It definitely feels like the most she's ever done with her voice.

ChiliTacos and wisdomfordebris like this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2 Nov 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2019)
    sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Ooh Love Goes On is so cool

got to say, so much is wonderfully understated. great stuff here

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

I've been listening to this a ton. I'm over the fact that these are mostly older songs, album just rules all around.

Can't believe we finally got this, Pang, and Charli within a few months of each other.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, its been a great year for these styled releases.

There are so many cool cool moments on this record (break in Concrete Angel, chorus of the Ending, entirety of Love Goes On). I'm sure its going to go under the radar because its more of a grower than other, more bombastic versions of this style, but the songwriting and structures are really deceptively interesting

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I’m at the point where The Ending might be my favorite PC music style song of the year - that chorus is absolutely infectious, and the outro and so try thee gives it the replay ability, and context that so many other songs in the genre wish they could have

16. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

having not hearing any of her old songs and going into this with everything fresh, ya i love it. been addicted to it the pat couple days. Love Goes On and Concrete Angel are such highlights

sawhney[rusted]2 and SpyKi like this.
  17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Funny seeing Love Goes On being the one mentioned in this thread as its the only one I don't fully love. Just feels a bit repetitive, still pretty great though. Never Again might be my fav.

18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

first time i heard the album i had to repeat Love Goes On 5 times before moving on with the rest of the album ahaha :seeno:

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

Lmao same. When the drums hit it goes to another level

its great songwriting

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'll try and pay more attention next time, see if it stands out more.

21. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah the simplicity is a bit deceptive, like in the bridge when it goes from one notes to adding a harmony in the middle of the measure, the ending, it sounds like the song subtlety changes every few measures. I love it

22. username

hey you lil piss baby

I love this so much!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.

23. They did this as well and now I want an actual crossover

24. username

hey you lil piss baby

Fronnyfron, Ben and matthaber like this.
  25. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yoooo

Ben, sawhney[rusted]2 and matthaber like this.