Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hands Like Houses - Anon. (October 12, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Jul 30, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The fourth album by the Australian post-hardcore/alternative rock band. Really stoked for this one. FFO: Emarosa, I The Mighty, Dance Gavin Dance

Tracklist:
    1. Kingdom Come
    2. Monster
    3. Sick
    4. Overthinking
    5. Through Glass
    6. Half-hearted
    7. No Man’s Land
    8. Black
    9. Tilt
    10. Bad Dream

[​IMG]

Nate_Johnson and Theemoflamingo like this.
  2. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Hype

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. BenSmith94

Trusted

Nice opening single. Keen for this record. I back these boys hard.

Nate_Johnson and beachdude42 like this.
  4. beachdude

Second single “Monster” has been playing all day on SiriusXM Octane, a radio rip is out there. It’s... extremely radio rock. Very catchy, but I can see a lot of people not being into it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. atlas

Trusted

this is one of the absolute worst songs i've heard this year

6. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Yeah Monster is just not good. I liked Overthinking though.

7. beachdude

Third single “Tilt” is out now as a free download on their website, in exchange for following the band on Spotify. It’s my favorite of the three... I think this album is shaping up to be pretty solid!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Excited to listen to this. I don’t think this band has ever put out a great record, but I always enjoy their stuff

Larry David and beachdude like this.
  9. beachdude

I personally think their first two albums are both great... Unimagine being the strongest. Ground Dweller would be better if someone other than Cameron Mizell had produced it.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  10. this is a cool album for sure

beachdude likes this.
  11. beachdude

How does it compare to their past stuff sonically? Do you think the singles are fairly representative of the whole album?

12. beachdude

Okay I got my advance of this too. I’m really digging it so far... they try a LOT of new things on here and I could see it being a polarizing album among their fans, but honestly I think they pull it off. To me, this is already a more diverse and enjoyable record than Dissonants.

13. Yeah it’s better than the last few records for sure

beachdude likes this.
  14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

That sounds intriguing

beachdude likes this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I never liked a full record from these guys but Dissonants is really stellar IMO.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This isn't anything great but I feel like there is much worse that you heard this year lol

17. beachdude

It’s their weakest album by a good amount for me, but still solid. I like everything they’ve put out.

18. beachdude

“Black” is probably my favorite song on here, but it almost feels out of place with the rest of the album. It feels like a cut from a darker, more experimental album that somehow made it on the tracklist here. It’s weird... I actually really enjoy the album overall but the direction of that song in particular really intrigues me.

19. beachdude

Honestly this whole album is really solid. Every song is a major earworm.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  20. beachdude

This is one of those albums where virtually every song could be a potential hit single. If they don’t blow up off of this, their label/team is fucking up.

21. beachdude

Should have my review of this album up tonight or tomorrow. I still really like it, it definitely has some drawbacks compared to their first couple albums but overall I think they did a great job with a more accessible sound.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. beachdude

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

So I got into them with Dissonants and I REALLY like that album, which apparently is not a majority opinion for their fans, and this album is weird for me. I was suuuuuuper not feeling the first half but then starting exactly on Half-Hearted I liked every song from there after. Oh and Overthinking. But I was ready to drop the album when it completely turned it around. So maybe I'll grow of the first half on the album.

24. Post-hardcore fans disliking a band that goes in a softer direction thus showing off their very narrow tastes? News at 11.

25. Nate_Johnson Oct 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2018)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I don’t hate it but it’s not as immediate as their past releases.

Tilt is my favorite on the album right now.