Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Handguns T-Shirt Gets Wearer Denied From Busch Gardens

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Rachel Holley wasn’t allowed into Busch Gardens because she was wearing a Handguns t-shirt:

“I felt like a criminal,” the 24-year-old Virginia Beach woman said after a security guard would not allow her into the park last Friday.

The issue, she was told, was her t-shirt.

“[I was told] if a kid were to see this shirt, they might think that guns are OK,” she recalled.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

defend pop punk
    with more guns

3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

i'm glad busch gardens is killing pop punk one t-shirt at a time.

Raku, SamLevi11, coleslawed and 6 others like this.
  4. Piercalicious

Regular

Oh boy, if t-shirts make kids think guns are OK, I can't WAIT to see what happens when they see the US constitution

Raku, js977, Aaron Mook and 12 others like this.
  5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

@ViTO Your son's got some splainin to do.

I don't know what Bran's username is on here if he even has one

ViTO likes this.
  6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

When I was 15 years old on a band trip I was subjected to a "random search" at the airport in Atlanta. I'll never know for sure but the only reason I can think of that a short, blond kid with braces got searched and asked questions about the contents of my bag at random had to have been my Anti-Flag shirt haha.

Raku likes this.
  7. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Don't know too much about this band - I remember them having issues with their guitarist or something at one point? I will say though, the Rugrats scene on her shirt is one of the best scenes in that series' history.

8. tobytobes

Regular

What happened to her is the same fear I have when I wear my Bullet Club t-shirts or hoodie. Sucks that they couldn't just ask what it meant and left it go (or had her turn it inside out).

9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

bad band but probably a lot more going on in Missouri that might make children think guns are okay

coleslawed and Joe4th like this.
  10. elemenohpe Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2017)
    elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Rachel Holley of VIRGINIA BEACH was not allowed to enter Busch Gardens WILLIAMSBURG...

Pretty stupid case though. Both sides. It's a silly rule but private park so it's up to them and she could've always just asked to buy a BG t-shirt.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. TDenverFan

Regular

That is honestly a fantastic shirt. The caption + that picture works so well

12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Damn you figured out I didn't read the article

13. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

My reply was for Jason. Originally the news post read that she was from Williamsburg when literally the first sentence of the linked article excerpt says she was from VB... but yeah, Missouri was way off, haha.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I wasn't aware of any problems only think I remember is Brandon was Straightedge and people kinda gave him shit on AP

15. busch gardens just didn’t want kids to get hooked on crappy music

16. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

this band was the worst

edit: Thank you Busch Gardens

17. polarpies

I have the Kenny Omega shirt with a gun on it and have to stop and think about where I'm going sometimes.

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this was not a cardinals game ben

19. geauxtigers

Newbie Prestigious

Guns are OK. Using them irresponsibly is not.

20. tobytobes

Regular

There's a lot of Elite/BC shirts I like, but I live close to a more "aggressive" area, so I try to watch which ones I buy even if I like some of them.

I figure the hoodie is pretty "safe". A nerdy lookin' white kid with military "badges" on his sleeves and Bullet Club on his back seems like I'd just get laughed at more than anything else :)

21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

there are so many worse shirts out there for you to get kicked out of a place for wearing.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I thought Angst was a decent album. I've not really listened since. Regardless, this is stupid.