Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, May 25, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gonna start this bad boy now since the hype train is getting going.

Iain McCaig has worked on both the Star Wars prequels and The Force Awakens, so it's fair to say that the concept artist knows his stuff. That's what makes his comments about the upcoming Han Solomovie so exciting, especially as the vast majority of fans so far seem to have agreed that the spinoff is pretty unnecessary, especially as Harrison Ford obviously can't reprise the role of a younger Han.

"[The Han Solo movie] has by far the best Star Wars script, and one of the best scripts period, that I have ever read," he recently revealed after being asked about how the movie is shaping up. "I laughed, I cried, I did all the things you should do when reading a good script. You’re in for a treat."

That's one hell of an endorsement, but it perhaps shouldn't come as too much of a surprise given the talent involved. After all, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Force Awakensscribe Lawrence Kasdan penned the screenplay alongside his son Joe, while directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller have also been involved with that.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. marceting

Trusted

Oh boy.

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. Origin movie?

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Alrighty

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I'd rather they focus future films on other various characters we want more background on rather than another trilogy on someone we know so well.

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

9. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

He could be an auxiliary character in the other two, or at least not the main focus of those films.

10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Dean Jul 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I wasn't sure what they'd be able to do with the character in one prequel, never mind a whole trilogy. At least Lord and Miller have a record of getting good films out of premises that don't seem that promising in themselves.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Do not really care about a Han movie but Lord and Miller will make this fun.

Dean likes this.
  13. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I'm still sad they didn't cast Anthony Ingruber who played young Harrison Ford in Age of Adeline.

However, I do enjoy Alden Ehrenreich and am happy it's not Miles Teller playing Han. My mom is a huge Han Solo fan (and just harrison ford in general) and she watched Hail Caesar! recently and went crazy over Alden--kept asking me "Who WAS that guy?!" so I was happy to tell her who would be playing the new Han.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Holy shit. That Anthony Ingruber audition is spot on. Not only does he ACTUALLY look like a young Harrison ford, he nailed the way he talks too. Damn how did they not pick him?

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

dude they actually picked looks like someone that doesn't look like Harrison Ford

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I'd prefer someone that wasn't doing a Harrison Ford impression the entire movie.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

true

but how do you do a han solo movie without it. this whole thing is silly

18. Disney can just take all my money for the rest of time. I'll go see every star wars movie they put out

19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I mean there's been 6 people that have played Bond and each brought something different to the table. I'm not worried about it.

20. jellyfishfossil

Regular

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

22. Morrissey

Trusted

This is why low-quality stuff keeps coming out.

jawstheme and WordsfromaSong like this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Han Solo trilogy would be great, especially if the second two are basically Lando films.

24. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

dude they chose is a star. one of the few good parts of hail caesar!

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  25. Are you specifically blaming me or do you want to attack the millions of people who love star wars?

KimmyGibbler likes this.