Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hammock - Everything and Nothing (2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by wisdomfordebris, Mar 31, 2016.

1. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Out tomorrow. Support the band.

With the exception of We Were So Young, which in my opinion is as close to a 'garbage song' as they'll probably ever release, it's an immensely pretty and arresting record.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

its been growing on me. napping to it on the daily

3. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

This is out tomorrow too!?

Agh - one of Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai and Hammock is totally going to get ignored...

I'm liking what I've heard off this so far. Glassy Blue in particular is everything I loved about Raising Your Voice... Trying to Stop an Echo. Hammock just nail that shimmering ambient sound with songs like this.

4. bedwettingcosmo

still dont know if anything will ever top kenotic for me

5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Chasing Shadows... is my favorite along with the Longest Year EP.

However, I think my all time favorite Hammock song is Mono No Aware.

6. I'm so glad I randomly saw this forum!!! I love this band's album Departure Songs soooooo much.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  7. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

It's a testament to how strong the back catalogue is that everyone has listed a different album as their favourite. I don't think you can really go wrong with any Hammock.

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Supposedly the actual release sounds loads better. Haven't been able to verify yet.

Apple Music can be so confusing. I had preordered the album on iTunes, but because I also downloaded the leak, I had deleted the two or three songs the preorder came with. When the preorder loaded last night, it was without those songs, and it wouldn't let me redownload. I deleted the entire album thinking then it'd give me the option (even checked under the 'Purchased' section), but nope, so I had to pirate the copy I had paid for. Heh.

9. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Diving into this after I'm finished another run through of EITS.

10. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Just as I expected, the new album is lovely. Their catalog is solid through and through.

11. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

This is really good. I will say, though, it's always been a little difficult for me to listen to Hammock when it isn't background music while I do something else.

12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

This is how I felt until I saw them live. Since then I've found it completely necessary to absorb their releases without distraction.

13. wisdomfordebris Apr 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

It could be my imagination, but I do believe the official release sounds better than the initial leak.

Anyway, this album is everything I hoped it would be after hearing the three singles. It is immensely comforting and is exactly what I need at this moment in my life. I hope more people on here decide to listen.

14. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

15. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Thanks for posting this, because it made me reflect on how much I always loved their song "Andalusia" and have yet to go through their discography.

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Do it!

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  17. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Track By Track: Hammock - 'Everything And Nothing'

We Were So Young
    This was on and off the album till the very bitter end. Andrew fought hard for this one. I’m singing in my 90’s rock voice, talking about the idealized romance of the young, while stumbling through the backroads of my rundown hometown as a wasted teenager. If nothing else, this song is at least a sincere effort. These days, it can seem like a constant struggle to not allow myself become a cynical bastard and lose all connection with the unconscious optimism that used to come from just being young… although I don’t think of myself as having been a very hopeful adolescent.

Heh.

18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This will be the thread I bump from now until the end, whereas on AP it was the Have One on Me thread.

Listen.

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The bonus tracks on this thing are excellent and I treat them as though they're a part of the album.

20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

21. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

BUUMMPP!

22. bedwettingcosmo

yep

23. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I'd downloaded this album awhile back but just discovered this song last night, fantastic stuff, gorgeous guitars

24. bedwettingcosmo

new album out on friday