Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hamilton (Broadway Musical) • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Mar 8, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Watching now. Don’t think it can capture the magic of seeing it live (on the tour lmao I couldn’t afford the real stuff) but these performances are so good!

KalValor likes this.
  2. seeing Leslie Odom Jr. as Burr was the best part for me

Mort Michaels likes this.
  3. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I have to say, when I saw it in NY- I think I liked the guy who played Hamilton more than LMM. But that has been discussed plenty. Leslie is phenomenal.

4. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Also after seeing this, I just couldn’t be more excited to see Anthony Ramos in In the Heights.

ChaseTx, KalValor and OhTheWater like this.
  5. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I have never watched a musical before but I watched this 3 times over the weekend. It's so amazing. I can't get enough of it. The Schuyler Sisters may be my favorite song.

ramomcferno and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

This was so amazing. I went into it blind and the songs are just stuck in my head. Leslie Odom Jr and Anthony Ramos were the stand outs, I'm sure, but the whole cast really put on a damn good show!

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Damn I forgot about the Laurens letter

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

thought this was mostly fine. i appreciated it more than just listening to the soundtrack, which i never really liked, but at the same time some of the filming choices were quite odd. but overall, i enjoyed myself more that i expected. daveed stole it imo.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

really enjoyed it, but do think it was odd how most of it was shot like a traditional musical and then you suddenly get these very cinematic close ups. I actually dug those, it just felt out of place considering they only did it 3 or so times and not even during "big" moments

phaynes12 likes this.
  10. You know what, you're right, the editing was very weird. Like, when I wanted to see the action on the stage, all of a sudden it's a close-up, and when there's a big emotional moment, it's showing the entire stage. I can't name specific moments, but I remember thinking this multiple times throughout.

phaynes12 likes this.
  11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeah, I thought they looked good but they were done at very weird times