Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hamilton (Broadway Musical) • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Mar 8, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

spiffa0, mad, Ken and 1 other person like this.
  2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

LOL

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Damn, Disney did me dirty there. Oh well, I’ll pay for a month. Still probably cheaper than a movie ticket.

...unless they raise it before Hamilton

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That answers that

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Man censoring Hercules’ fuck in Yorktown is whack

RyanPm40 and Ken like this.
  6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I guess I won’t be able to hear the record scratches over me screaming the lyrics to two of the most hype moments in the whole show

GrantCloud, mad and ChaseTx like this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s super disappointing but also not a surprise because of how censorship happy Disney+ has been. It is strange to see him mention that as a hard rule though, because it isn’t, and Disney would certainly have the power to fight for keeping it PG-13 in full if they wanted to. Seems like a way of shifting the blame for it happening to the terrible rating system and not Disney consciously wanting to keep F bombs off their platform.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The way he phrased it made it sound like they leaving one in, but I think those two are the only ones that aren't already censored

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think they are counting the “fuuuuuu” in Say No To This which is real fucking dumb

10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

11. simonthebutler

Regular

I am so ready for this

Ken likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Girlfriend's parents are in town and they haven't seen the show. Gonna make a big night of it and treat it like a Super Bowl party.

Ken and scottlechowicz like this.
  13. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

This is gonna be so fun. I am so excited!

Ken likes this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This is very good. I have a problem with some of the hyper editing of the first hour (I wish it was a little more restrained, like a PBS “Great Performance”), but we’re so lucky to have it in the first place and the cast is so good, it makes up for any small complaints.

Ken likes this.
  15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I might check this out. I'd be going in fresh, don't know anything about the show, any songs, etc. I don't care for musicals, (Book of Mormon was the only one I've seen), but it's such a cultural phenomenon, I feel obliged.

sawhney[rusted]2, ramomcferno and Ken like this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

You won't regret it.

ramomcferno and Zilla like this.
  17. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Also went in fresh, I love musicals but just listening to cast recordings drives me crazy. Obviously it’s great but that Helpless/Satisfied sequence was one of the best things I’ve ever seen in a musical. Just incredible.

Slangster likes this.
  18. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

That was amazing. I left satisfied. It was so cool to see the actions that went with the recording.

19. sawhney[rusted]2 Jul 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2020)
    sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The run from Helpless to Wait for It, and the rewind sequence, might my favorite thing in a musical ever, absolutely insane on all fronts

jordalsh likes this.
  20. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I was lucky enough to see the show in NY. But I loved getting to see everything up close like this. It wasn’t the original cast when I saw it, so I’m happy that I can see Leslie Odom Jr. play Burr. He is incredible. I got chills seeing him do Wait For It.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Very good

22. The entire original cast is great, but actually watching it now, I've gained an even deeper appreciation for Leslie Odom Jr. and Renee Elise Goldsberry

23. absolutely agree

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Enjoyed this a lot. Managed to not hear any of the songs or anything all these years so it was totally fresh.