Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hamilton (Broadway Musical) • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

2. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I am so excited. I still want to see the play live but it is great to be able to see it with the original cast.

Ken likes this.
  3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

fuckin finally!

Guys Named Todd and Ken like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

they paid 75 million for the tapes :scream:

Ken likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah it's already been filmed which makes the fact that it's next October even more wild

Ken likes this.
  6. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

When does In The Heights come out? Maybe they don't want to compete.

Ken likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

June so that's a possibility

Ken likes this.
  8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm going to have this musical stuck in my head until I'm dead. I'm okay with that.

ramomcferno likes this.
  9. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Me too! I go back to it so often.

Ken likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

ummmmm holy shit

Ken and ChaseTx like this.
  12. GBlades

Trusted

This is actually really exciting news. Really looking forward to this.

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Disney must know something we don't, like no movie theaters ever again or something ha

I feel like this would be an insane hit in the theaters, I can't believe they're just going to throw it on disney plus

Also would this have been eligible for an academy award if it were in theaters?

14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my totally random guess of Disney probably not having a lot planned for Disney + anymore due to the pandemic so moving this up is nice.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like it has to go to theaters eventually, because streaming services don't really make money and they blew $75 million on basically the rights to Hamilton haha

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I really want to know if Disney is going to edit any of the language in the Disney + version, but I can’t find anything to confirm whether or not they will.

17. DerekIsAGooner

This also coincides with the official cancellation of the Hamilton current tour (or at least the Los Angeles dates coming up in summer).

18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Hmm yeah I was just reading about Disney+ delaying shows and firing people due to content
    :chin:

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lol no. (To the first part)

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Well, they blew $125 mil on Artemis Fowl and that’s going straight to Disney+

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Artemis Fowl was going to bomb though lol, the Hamilton recording would make a lot of money I think.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. DerekIsAGooner

Moving Artemis Fowl to Disney + was the smartest business decision they could make. It allows them to save face instead of seeing it all bomb majestically in theaters.

23. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Just saw this thread -- super excited about the Disney+ release. It'll make things much easier for me since my students study the whole musical during my American Revolution themed literature unit. Obviously, though, we were never going to see it on Broadway because of the prohibitive price and now, the lack of Broadway itself.

Also, I saw this in Chicago last year and it ruled (and was reasonably priced, too -- $150 for two tickets?)

Ken, ramomcferno and Groogz like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

didn’t see a thread for the disney+ movie

fowruok, blast0rama and ramomcferno like this.
  25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I genuinely don’t understand why they are just dumping this on Disney+, but I look forward to watching it on a free trial