Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hamilton (Broadway Musical) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Craig Ismaili, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

2. carina

yr royal highness

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Ahh darn I should've screenshotted it while it was still up. It had that entire first line and then the second line was "When you knock him down, he gets the fuck back up again."

carina likes this.
  4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

People on AbsolutePunk finally started a Hamilton thread. A little bit of too little too late happening over there.

fenway89 likes this.
  6. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Never saw you make a thread for it over there, mf.

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I'm literally trying to write a little writeup on this as my last review for AP, but I don't want to rush it.

8. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I have a lot of things I want to discuss about this, a lot of thoughts and feelings, so I don't know if condensing that discussion into the final days of the site is right.

9. alex

notgonz Prestigious

talkin about final days of the site when the soundtrack has been out since september psh ok bud

10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I actually had thought about it back in January but I never made a thread for it cause I didn't think there would be an audience for it, since there are basically no Broadway threads over there. I was wrong!

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Aaron Burr's name came up in one of my lecture classes the other day and I instinctively blurted out "SIR!!" real loud and everyone stared but like 20% of the class got it and laughed so it was worth it

12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I wish my roommates were nerdier so I could play this around the house more.

13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

/i was considering posting my review tomorrow or today, but i decided i didn't want to take away from the final week, so I am just hoping that Jason will let me port it over to the new site when both the content side of things and the article itself is ready.

14. tachyonEvan

I'm a fiend for mojitos. Prestigious

My AOTY 2015, of course. Still riding high from seeing it back in December (though my bank account somehow still hasn't recovered).

15. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Great memories never fade.

16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I've been holding out on listening to the soundtrack until I see the show. I wonder if that will ever happen though.

17. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Obsessed with all the little melodies that only happen once or twice, like the "Hey, at least I was honest with your money" in the background of "The Reynolds Pamphlet"

carina likes this.
  18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

So many little moments like this that only happen once but I absolutely love. The "you, you, you" in Burn is my personal favorite

mad likes this.
  19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Luroda likes this.
  20. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

#YAYHamlet

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is so gooooood

22. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Watched John Oliver's latest episode about Puerto Rico. Mention's of Hamilton piqued my interest. WOW.

It's Quiet Uptown. Damn, that's song hurts. That and "That Would Be Enough", "Burn", and "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story" are my most repeated songs.

I only knew Lin-Manuel Miranda from that 1 episode from HIMYM and 2 from House and I thought, "Wow, that guy's one heck of a wordsmith." Now, I don't how high my admiration and respect for him would even rise further.

23. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Definitely the best Broadway show I've ever seen. "My Shot" and "Non-Stop" are on my running playlist I use every morning.

I highly recommend Chernow's Hamilton biography, too. It's one of my favorite political biographies.

Ken likes this.
  24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

In the fall when I was unemployed, I listened to those two songs on my way to every interview I had.

Laura likes this.
  25. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

That's a great strategy. They get me so hyped for work every morning!