Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by I Am Mick, Aug 19, 2016.

1. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Rowan5215 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I still think the show should have ended with "I have an idea" but that's an interesting alternate

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

i already forgot how it ended except for the diner scene. I dont recall whatever happened to Joe. Such an amazing show though and want to rewatch it one day.

5. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i'm on s2 watching this for the first time and boz is my fav hes so cute

irthesteve likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

He's the best. Also, he's Artie from Pete & Pete so double points power bonus

irthesteve likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

When I realized that, I lost my mind. It might have been in this thread honestly.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I Am Mick likes this.
  9. Wharf Rat Nov 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 30, 2018)
    Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

damn i am not prepared for brain damage and memory loss to become major themes of this show, that shit hits so personal to me. i just read Essex County and it killed me

10. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I know this is a serious bump, but I just finished the final season (took me awhile to realize it was on Netflix) and god, I love this show so much. Tremendously underrated, but a beautiful final season/episode and my emotions are totally aflutter now. One of the few shows where I feel driven to go out of my way and see everything else the leads have done. I feel like I know these characters and now that it's over I feel almost convinced to turn around and rewatch it.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. Rowan5215

the final season of this show is fucking perfect and I can't believe the improvement it went through to get there

nomemorial likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It’s a shame the first season is pretty bad, most people won’t get to see how great this show really is.

13. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I don't get the hate on the first season, honestly - it's not as good as everything after it, but I think it's at least a good enough starting point and improves dramatically even within itself. I was pretty hooked from the get go.

irthesteve likes this.
  14. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

the character of Joe is one of the best tv written characters.

nomemorial likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Reviving the thread since the Netflix discussion isn’t really relevant. Season two is definitely better but this Tom guy suuuuuucccccks so bad and is dragging everything else down.

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wasn't a fan, but I wouldn't say he ruined the show. He served a purpose (Story wise).

But ooohhh. You're in for a treat. I wish the first season wasn't so bad so more people would experience how great the final 3 seasons were

Mackenzie Davis is a fucking treasure and I'm bummed she isn't doing more

nomemorial and Rowan5215 like this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

She was great in Tully and she’s in the next Terminator

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah...that's kind of what I'm talking about.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I loved her in San Junipero.

Rowan5215, Jake Gyllenhaal and OotyPa like this.
  20. Rowan5215

Blade Runner 2049 too, role was too small but she killed it nonetheless

21. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I watched the pilot for this when I was looking for a new show to watch but then decided against it because it's multiple seasons. Just wondering, at what point does it get great? I think I remember that season 1 isn't so good. I'll get back to it eventually, but I like to know what I'm in for.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  22. Rowan5215

second last episode of Season 1 is the first "hm this show might have something at some point"
    Season 2 is "ok these characters are evolving really well and it's getting interesting"
    3-4 are borderline perfect/peak TV of recent years (imo anyway)

nomemorial and Whalejaw like this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s a shame that no matter how good the final two are, there will always be that huge blemish of season one. Like most shows might take a while to hit their stride and ending well is always the goal, but THAT big of a change in quality is pretty rare. I’m very interested to see what they do to hit such a high mark.

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I will admit that I only watched the pilot before jumping to season 2 but it didn’t strike me as being that bad

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The pilot wasn’t awful, but a lot of stuff in the middle was laughably bad.

I Am Mick likes this.