Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by I Am Mick, Aug 19, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

A year after I posted in here that I wanted to give the show another shot, I'm finally getting around to it. I went through season 1 which was solid but just 15 minutes into season 2 and I'm already way more into the Donna/Cameron stuff than I was anything in the first season.

2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I've actually never seen a show go from "ok" to "absolutely amazing" as much as this one does in the jump from s1 to s2.

3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

kinda sucks that they're just sticking it on saturday nights.

4. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Re-Watching Season 1-3 with my wife before hunkering down for Season 4. I still love Season 1 from a computer history standpoint - but yeah, this show got insanely better with Season 2.

Just bought the season pass on iTunes for Season 4 - too many annoying ads on the AMC app - like 15 minutes worth of annoying ads.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

All done with the third season. Man, what a show this turned into. The shift in focus in S2 to Donna and Cameron as the central characters was genius and the fast pacing kept things interesting. The third season was even more ballsy with timeskips and the fantastic finale. I am all in on Donna vs Cameron, can't wait to get through the first few of the season and be all caught up.

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Season 4 has been outstanding. I feel like there's never a lot that I want to talk specifically about with this show, but it's just so consistently good!

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've been loving this season, it's been insane how quickly they are jumping through time though, tough to get used to but I think it benefits the season for sure

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This season has been oddly heartwarming. I love it but I feel like I keep bracing for the other shoe to drop

9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Ah, there it is...

10. irthesteve

Fuuuuuuuuuuck ugh

11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I was not prepared to be this devastated right now. God, I knew that was coming but like I just want to sit alone in the dark right now. That is how I feel.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Fourth season has been fantastic, was just wrecked by these last two episodes.

13. irthesteve

The most recent episode was so rough

14. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I felt like someone I knew and loved had died. Never quite had that emotion from a tv death before, I was devastated

Whalejaw likes this.
  15. irthesteve

Great ending, going to miss this show.

Joanine's phone call just about destroyed me

Whalejaw likes this.
  16. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Such a perfect finale.

17. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

As soon as Gordon’s voice came through on Haley’s tape deck, the tears started flowing and they didn’t stop until the end. What a show.

irthesteve likes this.
  18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This was such a perfect show and I am going to miss it dearly.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

20. irthesteve

21. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I was getting SFU vibes with these last three episodes for sure, and with the last two seasons in general with how amazing the characters are. Hopefully this small amount of post-series buzz gets people to watch the show.

22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Is the fourth season on netflix?

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I just started watching this and I'm almost done with season 1. Surprised and happy to see everyone saying there's a big leap in quality with season 2 because I already really like the first season.

Hopefully I'll agree though because this happened before with The Leftovers and I liked that show less as it went on.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

also I'm eight episodes into the final season (I slackeddddd) and god damn this show was great

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.