Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halt and Catch Fire (AMC) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by I Am Mick, Aug 19, 2016.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Andy Greenwald on Twitter:

HALT AND CATCH FIRE: 1. Season finale is brilliant. 2. Renewed for a fourth & final season. 3. Showrunners on the AG Pod this Wednesday!

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wow, I am astonished and so glad that it got to 4 seasons, insane

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm an episode behind but shocked they're getting another season. Shocked they even got this season. Super happy about it though.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's weird, but with this series and Turn, AMC has been pretty generous with renewals in the face of lagging ratings. I have to give AMC credit for bucking established norms and realizing that sometimes, when the quality is there, a renewal is warranted purely for artistic reasons.

Also, when you're the home of one of the most-watched shows on television, you probably have enough cash on hand to afford going out on a limb for little-watched but much-loved series like Halt and Catch Fire.

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

With Turn...is the quality there? The only thing I know about that show is how dumb the title sounded when it premiered.

6. Anthony_

I enjoy the show a good deal. The cast is very good, the production is pretty excellent, and the plot almost makes you forget that you know how it all turns out in the end. I'm definitely looking forward to the final season of it.

7. Anthony_

They fucking jumped ahead four years, Gordon and Donna are divorced, Joe is impersonating Christian Bale's character from The Big Short, this is insane.

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I fucking love this show. This finale is already blowing my mind.

9. Anthony_

Thank the television gods AMC renewed the show for a final season. I would not have been satisfied with this as a series finale. The potential Joe/Gordon/Cameron vs. Donna storyline is just too good to not watch play out. As a season finale, however, this was perfect.

I love this show. Two years ago you would never have heard me say that. I legitimately can't believe what it has become in such a short amount of time. This season has been a towering achievement in television drama. Cantwell and Rogers should be damned proud of themselves. For about a minute. Then they need to get back to breaking those stories for season 4.

It's going to be a long wait for this one to come back.

10. irthesteve

Wow, that finale.... wow. Ballsy, well done, and seamless at the same time

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I fucking loved the use of Velouria by The Pixies at the Vegas party. Solid finale. At least they will have enough time for a proper send-off next year.

TJ Wells likes this.
  12. dash64

This is my design

Finally watched the finale last night and was so impressed. I was not expecting any of that and it was so nice to see everyone in a room together.

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeah, it was nice seeing them all together again. great season. The finale almost felt more like a season premiere, excited to see how it'll play out

14. irthesteve

Oh.

My.

God.

Today I learned that John and Artie are the same actor. W.T.F.

ZooZooChaCha and I Am Mick like this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Toby Huss has had a pretty prolific career. He also voiced Kahn on King of the Hill

I Am Mick likes this.
  16. irthesteve

Final season starts in August already

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Need more Mackenzie Davis in my life

18. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I don't have a ton of celeb crushes but she's been one of mine since this show started.

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Anna chlumsky!

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  20. Anthony_

Anybody else watching?

21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I'll watch tomorrow probably, very excited about it.

22. irthesteve

Omgggggg back already!!

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea I'm DVRing it, really liked how last season ended

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It airs on Saturday night??

Had no idea it was back. Excited.

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Took me way too long to watch this, what a stellar premiere. The Cameron/Joe scenes on the phone in particular were stunning. Glad to have the best show on tv back for one more year.