Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halsey Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by personalmaps, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like first song may be dropping tomorrow as well.

[​IMG]

2. FYI, it leaked yesterday. Similar structure to Rihanna's Needed Me, but with typical Halsey production

smowashere likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. irthesteve

I'm seeing her as part of a benefit show tonight, I'm betting she'll play the new one

5. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I love this. Definitely hear the resemblance to Needed Me tho

6. irthesteve

Not really feeling the new song, definitely hear the "Needed Me" as well.

Saw her last night at a festival, played a song with Imagine Dragons then played Colors and Closer with Zedd. She sounded pretty good and was pretty fun to watch. Got a fair amount of excitement from the crowd, even compared to the bigger acts, she definitely could be on the edge of blowing up. Not sure this new song will do that for her, but what do I know

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Verses are pretty catchy, but not really feeling the chorus. We'll see if it grows on me over the next few listens. Looking forward to the rest of the album though. She has a great voice.

9. irthesteve

After a few listens, I've definitely decided I don't like it

10. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Yeah, this was really great to me at first, but it really doesn't have any lasting power. I have a feeling though that the overall sound is going in the right direction. Eager to hear more...

11. Inna Selez

Regular

Hmm song is nothing special. I'll wait for remixes. But clip is good, she made whole short movie.

12. yeah, sounds like every other Halsey song, i guess. "Ghost" and "Closer" are the only 2 songs of hers that I really listen to anymore, if they come on.

13. goation

Regular

If you call the number hidden in the vid it plays the song for 30 seconds and then you get a text that says " You Have Been Chosen. Make Peace."

Spooky

14. irthesteve

Album has 13 tracks, deluxe has 16

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

The new song has grown on me a lot. Really am enjoying it now.

16. irthesteve

I gotta say that I'm actually kinda surprised how underwhelming the single is coming from Halsey, Benny Blanco, Cashmere Cast and Starrah collaborating. Didn't realize til today that they all wrote & produced it, on paper that is huge.

17. irthesteve

ALSO I didn't realize that Starrah also wrote "Needed Me," that's kinda crazy (not really in a good way). This situation is now very reminiscent of the Ryan Tedder and "Halo"/"Already Gone" fiasco

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

19. irthesteve

Here is the deluxe edition track list. The standard has only 13 but i'm not sure which ones are missing.

1. The Prologue
    2. 100 Letters
    3. Eyes Closed
    4. Heaven In Hiding
    5. Alone
    6. Now or Never
    7. Sorry
    8. Good Morning
    9. Lie (feat. Quavo)
    10. Walls Could Talk
    11. Bad At Love
    12. Don’t Play
    13. Strangers (feat. Lauren Jauregui)
    14. Angel On Fire
    15. Devil In Me
    16. Hopeless (feat. Cashmere Cat)

album has co-writes from The Weeknd, Cashmere Cat, Ricky Reed, Starrah, Greg Kurstin, Quavo, Lido, Sia & more

20. irthesteve

new single called Eyes Closed out tomorrow, big huge area tour coming also

Eric Wilson likes this.
  21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Huge tour. Didn't realize she had that much recognition. That's awesome.

22. she was awesome at MSG, but it was also the hottest day of last summer I think and incredibly uncomfortable wandering around NYC all day. Looking forward to Boston

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The fact that I saw her open up for The Kooks at House of Blues and now she's playing an arena here is insane

This will be my 6th time seeing her!

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New song now up on Apple Music. "Eyes Closed."

25. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This song bumps!

Eric Wilson likes this.