Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halsey / PARTYNEXTDOOR / Charli XCX Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, May 3, 2017.

1. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I went to the first date! Charli went on at 7 (believe she had 25 minutes?) PND went on around 7:45, and Halsey went on at 9.

One of the best shows I went to this year. Halsey KILLED it. She sounded on point, had a great setlist, and her production was insane.

meggers likes this.
  2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

This tour is apparently shitting the bed ticket sales-wise which is surprising because I thought she had a big hit this summer.

3. TMS2787

Trusted

I got a notification that the Cleveland show is back on Groupon. What the hell is going on? I thought she, as well as the two openers are pretty popular. Last summer her show here sold out and secondary market was high. Granted it was a third of the size.

Regardless, I am looking forward to this show. I’m glad to see such s lengthy setlist as well!

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Might try and get tickets to this day of the show and see if it is cheap as shit.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Maybe not though. Charli only does three songs?

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That can't be right, can it? Charli is the only reason I bought a ticket for this tour. :verysad:

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

looks like she did 6 in CT and only 3 in Montreal. No clue if the times change or what.

8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

That set got cut short

Daniel182 likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

There are tickets for $10 on Stubhub. Strongly considering going tonight.

10. heymattrick Oct 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2017)
    heymattrick

Sending my love

I mean, I'm not a huge fan but I don't think this album has really produced a big hit? I thought Now or Never was a terrible lead single, it looks like it picked up steam later on but I don't seem to hear anything repeatedly in public places like I did with New Americana or Colors. I don't think she's doing Closer on this tour either which makes sense since it's not hers, but I bet pisses off a lot in the audience who probably think it is her song.

11. jordanjohnson09

Regular

one of my friends snap stories from the DC show had her doing some piano version of closer

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

She's done Closer every night. lol. She'd be dumb not to.

Charli has been 'covering' 'I Love It' and 'Fancy' since the songs came out. I'm pretty sure she wrote both of them though.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

heymattrick likes this.
  16. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I was at the first date (CT) and she didn't do Closer.

No New Americana was refreshing, though.

17. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Drive should be on the set always, wtf

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I wish Closer wasn't in the setlist

I don't think it's dumb to not have it since I don't think anyone in her fanbase thinks it's her best song, so it would only be for the casual fans

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea but when you're a newer artist trying to do your first arena tour, you need to aim a little bit at those casual fans don't you?

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I guess so, I just never thought one song could make or break a show for me

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'd agree on a personal level (with maybe some rare exceptions), but for example, I have a friend who mentioned that her and her friend were thinking about going to this, but she's no huge Halsey fan. Having 3 or 4 songs in the set she already knows well verse maybe just 1 or 2 will make a difference to her.

I mean just imagine if Radiohead didn't play Creep? How many people would stop going to their shows altogether?

Kidding

ComedownMachine likes this.
  22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I acknowledge I'm probably different because I just straight up don't go to shows of artists I don't already know well enough (unless it's a festival)

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I think most of us on this site are probably more like that. At the very least I will listen to the artist I'm going to see a bunch if I'm not already familiar.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Whether or not bands have an obligation to play the hits is something I wrestle with a lot, I lean towards they kinda do

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't really say they have an obligation to. Ultimately, it's your performance and you are allowed to have whatever kind of show you want as a performer. But it has consequences to not do that, especially early in your career, and if her goal is to be a top 40 pop star, then she should definitely be playing the hits. I could be way off though. Maybe that's not what she wants at all though. I honestly may end up going to this. I'm kind of curious to see her.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.