Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halsey - Manic (January 17, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, May 2, 2019.

1. astereo May 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2019)
    [​IMG]

Manic
    January 17, 2020
    1. Ashley
    2. Clementine
    3. Graveyard
    4. You Should Be Sad
    5. Forever... (Is a Long Time)
    6. Dominic's Interlude
    7. I Hate Everybody
    8. 3 AM
    9. Without Me
    10. Finally // Beautiful Stranger
    11. Alanis' Interlude
    12. Killing Boys
    13. Suga's Interlude
    14. More
    15. Still Learning
    16. 929

smowashere likes this.
  2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Wasn’t huge on HFK but I’m excited to hear what’s next

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It'll take a lot for me to be more than a casual semi-fan. Really think her last album was very bad and her recent singles have been pretty poor

Contender and smowashere like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

astereo likes this.
  5. fbrrocks

Trusted

6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

The only song I like with her involved is the BTS one

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

K0ta likes this.
  8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

That song is fantastic. Can't wait to see her at the free show on Monday!

9. irthesteve

Definitely her best song in a long while

10. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

“I’ve been polite but won’t be caught dead letting a man tell me what I should do with my bed.”

How appropriate with recent news.

Excellent song and her best in awhile.

11. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

NGL that suit got me feeling a certain type of way

12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Her merch site says new album coming soon and you can pre-order it now.

13. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

This is great and honestly sounds like a huge radio hit!!!! Go for it girl!!!!!!

Anna Acosta and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This has smash hit all over it I’m listening for the second time and I already can’t wait to hear it everywhere. Won’t be leaving my head anytime soon and that’s fine with me.

She’s someone I’ve never been a huge fan of but have been strongly rooting for for a long time, but I’m starting to actually become a bigger fan cus I love East Side, Without Me, and Nightmare. Have high hopes for this album.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I'm surprised how much I love Without Me considering how cheesy I found it when she sampled Juicy in New Americana

and yeah Nightmare did that, emo feminist bop

Anna Acosta likes this.
  16. personalmaps

Totally sick. She’s such a great performer.

K0ta, astereo and TylerDrumming like this.
  17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I was at this performance and the organization by the staff was a disaster, but the performance was I awesome. The fact she put the stage in the center made it possible for far more people to get barricade and allowed everyone to see her clearly.

But there was huge contention with security over whether we were allowed to use our phones or not, and there was apparently a huge fight between the people who had been camping in line over the weekend and the ones who just showed up in line in the morning. And then all of those people got mad at the fact they opened a second line at noon, and they let all those people in at the same time. But at least I got barricade so..

Also she played Nightmare twice just cause she's fucking Halsey and can do that type of thing.

K0ta likes this.
  18. personalmaps

Oh jeez, well that sucks! I'm sorry it was a mess but I like that it sounds like she tried her best to make everything go as smoothly as she could from her end. Security can get weird at events like this.

Maybe it's because I'm old now, but the concept of camping in line all weekend for something is nuts to me. I've waited day-of a show but I don't think venues should condone or allow it, especially when it comes to young people who will starve or dehydrate themselves to see a fave artists. Plus, you're not a bigger fan just because you have more free time to sit in line for days. I have tooooo many feelings on that though, based on years of dealing w similar attitudes from Paramore fans, so we'll leave it at that, haha.

On the actual performance- the stage in the middle is SO cool. I think she does a really good job of connecting with fans because she grew up in our scene, tbh. It's a totally different culture than usual pop star stan stuff and I like to see it translated at the larger scale. Did she play a whole set, or just the ones in the videos?

K0ta likes this.
  19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, I got to the show a little over an hour before doors, and still got barricade so I feel bad for the people who waited all weekend.

She played a 16-song set, mainly of Badlands songs and deep cuts, but snubbed a few major singles (Now Or Never, Ghost, Eyes Closed, Strangers). Her whole set was

1. Castle
    2. Heaven In Hiding
    3. Nightmare
    4. Don't Play
    5. Walls Could Talk
    6. Bad At Love
    7. Without Me
    8. Hurricane
    9. Drive
    10. Colors
    11. Roman Holiday
    12. Gasoline
    13. Nightmare (Again)
    14. Hold Me Down
    15. Is There Somewhere
    16. Young God

K0ta and astereo like this.
  20. K0ta

Say no more, as someone who has been in line all day (but never overnight or for days) for several Paramore shows I couldn't believe the attitude going on when I last saw them. Me getting old I guess lol.

personalmaps likes this.
  21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I think the whole competitive streak within fandoms is probably the worst thing to happen ever. Like we're all just here to have a good time because we love the music. You're not entitled to be anywhere or to have a certain amount of access to the artist just because you have more time or think you care more. Just chill tf out and share the space.

Like if someone asks to cut past me in the crowd I always let them, and if someone asks me to back off and give them more space I always try to, but it seems like that sense of common sense is lost a lot of the time.

22. K0ta

Agree 100%. I don't like that shows sometimes feel like places where people act like they can have a complete lack of respect for a person like we're not all there for the same reason.

23. irthesteve

astereo likes this.
  24. irthesteve

This song/video honestly feels like the first time her self-proclaimed "Alternative" tag has actually made sense. Up until now she's mostly just made pop music that fronts as "alternative" because of her attitude and hair? A horrible standup comic said it, but I love the quote.... Halsey is "alternative" in the way that Target is an alternative to Walmart.

Anyway, this song bangs and slaps and other things the kids say

beachdude likes this.
  25. I've always LOVED certain songs from her records but there hasn't been a full one that I'd say was "good" (knowing that good is a completely subjective term). Always songs I'd skip - a LOT of that on HFK. But "Nightmare" is great, I really liked "Without Me" (or do I just enjoy dragging Gerald Eazy? We may never know) and I'm looking forward to the new record. This girl has so much ding dang potential and when she nails it, she REALLY nails it.