Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Why do people on this site try to initiate debates and demean people, and then get mad when someone retorts and won't give up their stance on it because they also believe in what they're saying? It's a forum, and you have an issue that I think Rob Zombie's work isn't art, just trash, just as much as I take issue with his films being called better than work in the genre I think is glaringly better than his. I never asked you to agree with me or anyone else.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

You’re the one who has resorted to insults because you can’t seem to handle other opinions. You’re unwilling to accept anyone having another stance than your own. I don’t have an issue with someone not liking something I like, I take issue with your reductive and demeaning approach. Don’t ever quote me again.

OhTheWater likes this.
  3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Mmmm no that's not how it works, and who did I insult aside from Rob Zombie? The dude called me a "fucking scrub" and said "fuck outta here." You have issue with me and not him because you agree with him on liking his films. I'm more than fine with people's difference of opinion. When you present your opinion like so, expect a response of the same tone.

I even just reviewed my posts and yeah, all I had done was point out what I think are obvious flaws to his work and my personal opinion, much like everyone else. This other dude comes in with reductive comments and sarcastic nonsense so I responded like so. Then you joined in and did the same thing.

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I am not getting involved in this but Rob Zombie >>>> James Wan

Contender likes this.
  5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ahhhhh am I really the only one? I must be. I truly have never met people who thought his work was good or reputable in the horror genre. First time for everything I suppose. I also am not nuts about Wan, but I respect his work and credit him for Horror's revival. I do really like Saw and The Conjuring. His other work I like from a production standpoint and that's about it.

6. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

It's nothing I care enough about to argue about or anything, they both have misses but I find Zombie to be more interesting when he gets it right. Wan is reliably solid but pretty formulaic.

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Definitely formulaic no doubt. The sequels to insidious/the conjuring were alright, but all felt the same to me.

I also commend him on becoming so well known that he’s getting offers for blockbuster movies constantly now, though he truly loves horror and wants to continue working in the horror field in whichever capacity he can. (Hence why I didn’t understand the no heart criticism)

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

When was his last good movie? 20+ years ago? He sounds like an old man

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

the opinions of people who create art after it’s been released is near-meaningless

love carpenter though, the GOAT score-maker

fenway89 likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah he’s a genius and the original is a masterpiece but I don’t care what he thinks about Rob Zombie

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

And 31 was ass

airik625 likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Hahaha. Yeah, meaningless. I’m good on this thread until we get new info.

13. primavera

??? does reading a band’s opinion on an album ten years later change your opinion and connection with that record? if a director says your favorite of their movies is the messiest in their career, does that make you like it less? what the hell are you talking about lol

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

First off, you two are just arguing for the sake of arguing now even after I let it go and didn’t post for hours, for whatever stupid reason you think Zombie is worth going to bat for. My last response I promise.

You’re sitting here insulting John Carpenter and saying his opinion is invalid in a thread about his own work and how Zombie didn’t do well with it. Carpenter helped create the world of Slasher films and what it is today and you two nimrods are like “his opinion doesn’t matter cause he’s old now.” The dumbest thing said yet.

Secondly, yes, I think an explanation and reflection from the maker of a piece of art I like matters lmao. Especially when that reflection entirely lines up with the same gripes and criticism I have and explained here about Zombie’s gory clusterfuck remake of people who don’t take showers in Haddonfield.

I also decided to look up audience reviews instead of critics this time, and they’re all lower scores or worse than critics opinions on almost every single movie he wrote and directed himself, minus TDR which was ok at best. Keep fighting the good fight guys, it’s admirable.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Love how you consistently go by aggregators instead of your own opinion bc you can’t say anything except sound offended at cursing or violence.

Plenty of old head rappers are haters towards the new style. Doesn’t diminish their legacy, just means I don’t give a shit what they have to say about new music.

Could get into your whole weird classist angle but I’m gonna get some sleep

primavera likes this.
  16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I haven’t hated someone Online in a long time

primavera and OhTheWater like this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Was just gonna say this is gonna put me back on my old bullshit

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Never saw a horror fan so angry about gore and cursing before

primavera likes this.
  19. primavera

john carpenter could be 25 and id say the same thing. i never pointed out his age. weirdo.

i actually agree that zombie’s movies are pretty bad, or at the very least, i don’t enjoy them at all. but the way you formulated your argument is wack and, tbh, dumb as shit boi. so there.

Night Channels likes this.
  20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Classist angle? I didn’t give you my own opinion? Never once said I was offended by either of those things, his movie is nothing but those tropes because he can’t write a good movie. Please do go to bed.

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Probably shouldn’t hate someone for not having the same opinion as you.

fenway89 likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You mention the amount of gore and cursing in most of your posts. You sound like a parents’ council

Tropes like? Hate his style or w/e but to deny the originality of his films is a bit odd, especially considering how trope filled, unoriginal and boring most of the Halloween Sequels are

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Lmao. Ironic, I was thinking the same thing.

24. primavera

“i’m not mad. i’m laughing, actually. it’s funny to me.

OhTheWater likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Also baffled that you rank Curse highly yet complain about Zombie’s films not being “grounded” as if that flick didn’t have the whole druid curse nonsense