Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 47

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. I still think this one was fun, sue me

currytheword likes this.
  2. Kuri44

This premiered on HBO tonight

currytheword and David Parke like this.
  3. I noticed it after my son finished watching Land Before Time! I added it to my list. Tonight will be my first time watching it since seeing it in theatres. Stoked to revisit it. Right now it sits at maybe my 5th favorite behind 1, 3, 4, and h20

currytheword and Kuri44 like this.
  4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

#justiceforRZH2

5. currytheword

Trusted

I’m actually excited to watch this tonight! Didn’t know it was premiering on HBO now and I just finished episode 3 of Slasher. October is here early.

ChaseTx, Kuri44 and David Parke like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Gimme sequel now

8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Hurry the fuck up.

David Parke and currytheword like this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

Yaaaaaaaaas. Give me Michael gets out of the house with no explanation and shows up at the hospital where Laurie is and we get a new Halloween II just with more JLC, less wigs, and much less chauvinism.

chewbacca110 and David Parke like this.
  10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I just started rewatching this when I got home from work on HBO. Jamie Lee Curtis is fucking incredible. A LOT of the goodwill I have towards this film is 100% down to her and her performance.

David Parke and currytheword like this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I really need to revisit this because I did not care for it opening weekend. I think my own built up hype is what caused my distaste, but I am more than open to give it a second try.

12. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I enjoyed it much less on second viewing, sadly. Might still give it another watch, though.

13. currytheword

Trusted

Definitely liked it more at home at night. I can agree it's not the best entry, but a sequel is warranted I think. The best selling entry of the franchise and they definitely got the tone down. I would prefer for Michael to have a bit more of an ominous feel for a longer period, and for the deaths to hold a bit more weight. Last movie felt like it was him getting all his pent-up rage from being in captivity out, slaughtering everyone, and now he can be a bit more calculated/unpredictable in his revenge on Laurie.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My biggest criticism, I think.

The flashing backyard lights kill was way too quick and I wanted it to last and really FEEL it.

currytheword likes this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

Now that one I actually think is my favorite kill of the movie. The concept of Michael moving around the backyard out of view of a drunk teenager/motion sensors, and the slight paradox of comedic relief from what he's saying to what is about to happen got me very anxious. The shot of his silhouette when the lights come back up had me holding my breath.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. currytheword likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

So do we all prefer to have a laid out explanation of how Michael got out of the house? Or would you prefer it to be an unspoken eerie detail?

19. BackyardHero11

Trusted

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Hope they improve on last year

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

22. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Hope they don't even address it tbh

Kuri44 and currytheword like this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

That’s what I’m saying too. Lends a hand to the atmospheric scare factor of Michael to me that was present in many of the films. Always appearing and disappearing without explanation.

Kuri44 and Doomsday like this.
  24. I’m not really excited for a sequel, as this did nothing for me. It’s actually pretty bad imo.

25. Hell yeah

currytheword likes this.