Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I liked the teenagers in this, Vicky and Dave that is. Dave only had like a total of 3 minutes of screentime but he didn't seem shitty (he did go try to help Vicky). Vicky was cool.

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

To me the boyfriend was so horribly obnoxious that it felt like a purposeful bait & switch to not have him be horribly and gruesomly murdered on screen. His presence was like nails on a chalkboard.

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I wish the latter half of this was as good as the one shot/bathroom scene in the beginning. Anything with the kids and, honestly, Laurie, was pretty by the numbers and generic. They could have made something really special

dadbolt likes this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is pretty much how I ended up feeling about this movie, although I think I liked it a little more than you did. For me it didn't quite live up to the potential of all the talent behind and in front of the camera, but it was an entertaining flick.

5. currytheword

Trusted

I really loved the house sequence with the babysitter, the kid and her boyfriend.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The girl was good. I didn’t find the kid nearly as funny as most people said. The scare was ruined in the trailer as well

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I feel bad when they do that in trailers because usually the people who made the film don't have any say over that. They definitely ruined that by showing it in the previews.

David Parke likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

currytheword likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Wish they'd talk about the sandwich thing

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The sandwich thing meaning the callback to Halloween II's ham lady?

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is actually getting worse on repeat viewings for me :(

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Interesting, I figured Green and McBride would come back. Based on their story, maybe? Getting a new voice in there excites me

13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Nah. If it ain’t broke...not a fan of mixing it up and potentially making an inferior sequel. Want the series to flourish.

14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Not excited by this at all. David Gordon Green writing with Danny McBride and directing was the main draw for me here. Very curious who they decide to replace him with if he doesn't return. I suppose he still could come back to direct, but this seems like he probably won't be.

Jusscali likes this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I think McBride provides the story but probably doesn’t want to write a script again so this new guy is writing the script based on McBride’s story.

16. Hmmmmmm

17. Kuri44

Just started Halloween 4 since I didn’t get around to it in October. Also, this is my first time watching it without going in order so it’ll be nice to see how it holds up without feeling a little burnt out on Halloween marathon

Aaron Mook and David Parke like this.
  18. It’s my second favorite sequel!

Kuri44 likes this.
  19. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

I love Halloween 4 so much

David Parke likes this.
  20. Yeah, it's great

David Parke likes this.
  21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Halloween 4 is the best sequel

David Parke likes this.
  22. Eh, I still think 2 is almost on par with the first in a totally different way

23. Kuri44

David Parke likes this.
  24. Well, I watched this again and thoroughly enjoyed it. Better than the remakes and in the upper half of the sequels at least. Just a very fun and good continuation of the franchise imo. Love that it isn't too preoccupied with being super dark or gritty (the blood is such a bright red). It's a good time!

currytheword likes this.