Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m ready to hear some news about the sequel

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah honestly surprised we haven’t heard much yet

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The last news was McBride saying in November that they were currently developing a sequel. Curtis said she’d also like to return to a sequel in December.

currytheword and David Parke like this.
  4. Kuri44

Been dying to watch this again And I’m not sure I can wait till 1/15 any more . Especially since today has been stressful at work. I just wanna go home, hit a few dabs, and see this.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Liked it less the second time, unfortunately.

a nice person and Kuri44 like this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

I had the opposite effect.

7. Jusscali

Yeah I bet I’ll like it more

8. Kuri44

Just started watching!

9. Kuri44 Jan 13, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019)
    Kuri44

I think what I find most frustrating about this film is that it had the potential to be so much more, and the talent was there, but, like the venom film (which i enjoyed overall as well), the tone was different than I was expecting, and was kind of all over the place.

This feels like 3-4 different directors all shot different segments of the same story and then mashed it together. It tried to be a lot of things at once, and ended up tripping on its own ambition.

At times it had the exact look/tone/feel that I was hoping for (one-shot House to House scene; Carved pumpkin face). And there were things that i wasn’t expecting, but worked (comedic scenes, Julian, Laurie standing outside school).

But there were way more faults I noticed more on second viewing that I just can’t shake.

That stupid doctor. Worst part of the film hands down. And the scene where he puts on the mask just feels so off and random, almost as if they didn’t know they were still filming.

Boyfriend is dumb as well. But tbf, I didn’t find any of the teenagers to be likeable (insufferable, really) with the exception of
    Allyson. I would’ve much preferred that the movie focused and spent more time on the Strode women/family relationship.

Scenes where Allyson was running through the forest felt like a music video.

Allyson totally could’ve grabbed her phone from the pudding. the teenager scenes were super lame.

I wish we would’ve seen Dave killed on screen.

Finally, It feels like this movie never gets a chance to breathe. Everything happens so fast, you never really get to take in a moment.

Sorry for the long post/rant. I guess I’m just coping with it not living up to my extremely high expectations.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I agree with almost all of this, especially the part about the film not having any time to breathe. The pacing felt extremely rushed to me, one of the reasons I was hoping for some extra and/or extended scenes a la a directors or extended cut.

11. currytheword

Trusted

The boyfriend has been posted about so much in this, and it blows my mind. A filler character who was used to set off one sequence, which was to set Allyson on her walk home alone without a phone. Other than that, he was there just to be there as a boyfriend who is unimportant, and knocking the film over him not being developed enough really just escapes me. So irrelevant to my overall opinion of the movie.

There are so many sights who posted about how disappointing it was to find out he was arrested and that was that. I just think to myself what exactly would've been satisfying enough, or what were you even hoping for? That Michael fillets everyone in the movie you dislike?

12. Jusscali

Haters gonna hate

13. currytheword

Trusted

I had my gripes too for sure, just not the same ones that everyone else seems to have.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Zombie films were much better and more memorable

15. currytheword

Trusted

Lol can we not again?

[​IMG]

16. Jusscali

Lol fsiq 54

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Gordon has said the boyfriend was used to also set up whatever he does in the sequel.

Ps. Zombie films are not good

Connor and Aaron Mook like this.
  18. Honestly, outside of the original, none of them are that good.

a nice person likes this.
  19. currytheword

Trusted

[​IMG]

20. Jusscali

Must be the second child...

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I think Halloween 2 is good, along with 2018.

Aaron Mook and currytheword like this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

I've still got a soft spot for H20/Resurrection. Busta's ridiculous shit is never not funny to me. My roommates enjoy me doing the rant where he yells at Michael.

Connor likes this.
  23. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

You’re not wrong. And yet, I keep coming back for the sequels/re-makes.

currytheword likes this.
  24. First four plus 2018 are very rad

David Parke likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

RZ2
    RZ1

Contender likes this.