Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

What I liked about this one is that it ends comparably to the original in the sense that it is left open enough that other sequels could be made from it, but if those sequels are really bad you can also totally take this as a stand-alone story.

2. currytheword

Trusted

Agreed on this. Open ending for your own interpretation of what happened. Didn't feel cheap either to me.

3. Ya totally. I did find the freeze frame on the knife at the end to be very Texas Chainsaw although I don’t think that film ends in a freeze frame. What am I thinking of?

currytheword likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I don’t think this ends on an actual freeze frame, but a slow zoom-in.

5. I only saw it once but I would swear it’s a freeze frame that has a key frame zoom on it. I’ll have to see it again.

6. This is random, but I learned today that Michael's middle name is Audrey! And felt the need to share! haha

7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Niiiiiiice, another reason to be glad I picked that name for myself lol

ChaseTx and Aaron Mook like this.
  8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Woof. This was certainly a movie.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It did have a beginning, middle, and end, that's for sure!

GrantCloud, justin., airik625 and 2 others like this.
  10. Kuri44

11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

12. currytheword

Trusted

Was this posted?

13. chris

Trusted Supporter

finally saw this, the doctor character sucked and his entire motive was dumb. seems like the movie could have gotten to the same point without the whole twist thing.

Otherwise I thought it was a good Halloween movie and a good slasher movie. The tracking shot was cool, Michael was creepy, the motion sensor light scene and mannequin room scene were so good and suspenseful that I wish there had been more like them

David Parke, Kuri44 and currytheword like this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Just saw the deleted scene with the boyfriend and the cops - hugely disappointing. I was REALLY hoping the deleted scene with him would be a violent and horrible death. That character was atrocious and needed to die and die violently.

Watching that character in this movie I felt how some Star Wars fans described feeling like Rian Johnson was purposely subverting expectations in TLJ versus just telling a good story. It felt like a purposeful bait & switch to have him be so obnoxious and horrible but then not get killed. I felt the writers going "HA! Gotcha!" and it was annoying as hell. If you are going to put that character in this movie you need to kill him and kill him hard. On screen.

15. Where’d you see it?

16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The doctor character was one of the things that brought this movie down for me. For some reason I just couldn't suspend my disbelief when it came to him and it really affected the whole movie for me. I still think it is a solid and enjoyable movie, and there is a lot about it that I like, but I think I expected better from these filmmakers when it came to that character.

chewbacca110 and David Parke like this.
  18. Hmmm ya that felt awkward to watch. I’d have maybe rewritten it on the day but the fact that they cut the whole scene together makes me think they didn’t see anything wrong until the film was complete. Anyone got their ear to the ground on which Blu-ray to pick up? Does target or Best Buy or anything have any extra content or cool packaging?

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Best Buy will have a steelbook

David Parke likes this.
  20. When is blu-ray release again? Wanted to pick up The this week, but I can definitely skip that in favor of this if it's soon.

21. Are all of the releases going to have that shitty cover/font? Haha

22. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Standard blu ray cover just has the big white Halloween font and the mask

Edit: Blu ray is 1/15

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just bought this on iTunes because I don’t want to wait for the Blu-ray release.

David Parke likes this.
  24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna rewatch this tonight, super pumped

currytheword and Kuri44 like this.
  25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I want to see those deleted scenes.

currytheword likes this.