Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Lmao. Yep, never saw it then.

Connor likes this.

2. The entire shootout scene is bizarre to begin with, especially the slow motion stuff.

Kuri44 likes this.
  3. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

From a critical perspective, I think you’re right.

Connor likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Saw this today and pretty much meh... though I didn’t have high expectations. Seemed too formulaic, offered nothing new. Some decent kills.

zachmacD likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Not impressed with this new one. A lot of really annoying writing that took place that was very "wtf?". I would've went much darker with it too. But yeah, some cool throwback kills. Just add this one in with franchise, I guess.

Also, Jamie Lee Curtis looks like my mom in the movie, so that probably didn't help lol.

6. The Zombie films are so gritty that I was pleased with this not being extremely dark, personally

Connor likes this.
  7. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

It’s hard to like a movie when every character is an unlikeable trash bag. Thus it’s hard to like any Zombie movie.

Zilla, thedrudo, ChaseTx and 3 others like this.
  8. flask

Trusted Supporter

Slasher is probably my least favorite subgenre of horror and I have no strong feelings either way about the original. That being said I thought this was good. Great pacing and great thrills. I thought it paid enough homage to the original without feeling like a rehash or just trying to cash in on nostalgia. That article on the last page about how Michael not killing a baby ruins the movie is the worst and makes me hate discussing genre films in any way lol.

ChaseTx, Aaron Mook and David Parke like this.
  9. currytheword Oct 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2018)
    currytheword

Trusted

The white horse was so on the nose.

We are the same human being.

10. I literally leaned over to my friend in the theater and made a joke about how relieved I was lol the fact that people are pissed that he didn't kill the baby is absolutely insane

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I thought the characters in this were really well fleshed out, everybody had their own plotlines going on and you really root for them and dread the killings rather than anticipate them. That's something I feel like a lot of slasher films miss -- they have characters that are only there to be killed, or worse, they're made unlikable and shallow so the audience wants them to die. This movie avoids that and it's better for it.

I liked the comedy in this too. The little boy Vicky was babysitting was great.

The last episode of Halloween Unmasked and the Bloody Good Horror podcast on it both did a good job talking up the things I liked here. Honestly there wasnt much I didn't like

That said, it's a movie for fans of the series, there's a lot of reverence in it and it's fun, but it's arguable that it doesn't add much aside from reveling in the lore and maybe it wasn't necessary. I'm sure there'll be a sequel but I'm a little wary of that

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

One thing ZH2 did really well that I don’t think gets enough credit is how fucked up Laurie is. This new movie is getting all the credit for portraying an accurately traumatized Laurie but....it already happened. I mean, I enjoy both movies, just sayin.

Davjs and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  13. ChaseTx

Might listen to the soundtrack on my run tonight. If I do it at all

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

It’s kinda like Fire Walk With Me

15. currytheword

Trusted

16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

That’s my boy

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

currytheword likes this.
  18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Okay, first a few disclaimers: I am watching this at home, and I have had a couple drinks. I am only a few scenes in, but I have two overwhelming thoughts:
    1) The "doctor" guy at the insane asylum must be bad because it is simply not believable in the real world that he would allow some random to come inside with that mask and start waving it around trying to provoke a response. Even by horror movie logic standards that is too much of a stretch for me.
    2) Jamie Lee Curtis is the fucking shit. Period. Not in enough things.

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Wait it's on VOD too?

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought this was pretty good, but after thinking some I wish it ended like this:

She got stabbed and fell out of the mannequin room, so I wish it was clear that she knew she was done for so she should have sacrificed herself to tackle and hold down Michael in the basement while locking both of them down there and being sure he burned alive with her. We all know that she's going to die in one of these movies sometime and I liked her daughter and granddaughter enough that it would have been emotionally gratifying to do it now instead of whenever they do the next one.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

seems like an unpopular opinion but I loved the comic relief in this, made the side characters seem like actual people with weird internal lives which in turn made Haddonfield feel like an actual town, as opposed to just a couple of babysitters, some cops and absolutely nobody else. (haven't seen anything past the original Halloween so I dunno how original this is to the franchise, but yeah, a lot of jokes got a laugh out of me and they fleshed out the world a lot)

ECV, Aaron Mook, David Parke and 3 others like this.
  22. ChaseTx

yeah having seen the movie now those complaints were weird. The humor was nothing over the top, just made the people feel more real

23. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Thought this was a really good time. Didn't blow my mind but thoroughly enjoyed it, was pretty on edge for most of it

The dad character was annoying when he tried to be funny but beyond that I didn't have any issues with the tone personally

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The dad happens to be the strongest man... in the world!

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s the whiz!

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.