Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Zombie's Halloween 2 is probably the most human horror film of the 21st century. It's an incredible work.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

You're oversimplifying and yeah, in fact statistically and monetarily James Wan is the best thing to have happened to Horror since Wes Craven. So, idk why you're trying to drag the dude when the fans, critics and numbers say drastically different. If his movies weren't your cup of tea, cool. People also forget the original Saw was him too.

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Most human horror film of the 21st century and incredible? I don't think we are watching the same horror movies haha.

Doomsday likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Damn you going to RT now for debates? And how much money a movie makes? Fuck outta here

primavera likes this.
  5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ok intelligent person, who said anything about RT except you? Are you in high school?

Don't need RT to know facts.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Where are your “statistics” coming from? What does “statistically” the best thing to happen to horror even mean? He sold tickets? The original Saw is a good film that led to many bad ones. Aside from creature design, I don’t fuck with any of the haunted house movies. A horrible trend for horror, imo. Barely any heart, humorless

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Barely any heart? Dude, what are you talking about? Do I need to lay out spreadsheets for you for you to see the relevance of James Wan's revival of interest in horror? The genre was dead essentially before he began his streak of horror movies. You bring up the Saw sequels as if that was all him, when the original i'm pretty sure was the only one he wrote and directed simultaneously which explains why its such a step up from the sequels. Your personal opinion of his work is what it is, but name anyone else working in the horror genre as often and successfully as him over the past decade. Plenty of movies surpass his, and The Conjuring is the only one of his that I truly love completely, but he's been consistent in making horror movies that fans of the genre enjoy. And many critics discuss how good he is at the aesthetic and feel of horror movies. And they're not lying. You're sitting here praising Rob Zombie's bullshit, shallow, grungy, cursefest of scumbags while trying to pan James Wan. You can "fuck outta here" while us "fucking scrubs" enjoy better Horror movies.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

All that you're saying is "his films made a lot of money" as proof. I'm an avid horror fan, I respect what he did in terms of getting more people interested in the genre, but his films are not for me. His creature design is fine and that's about it. I hate the fact that most horror films that get funding now are haunted house flicks. I hate that It was made into a second rate James Wan film.

Your arguments are boring because you continue to rely on "critics" and how much money a film makes. I don't entirely understand why you continue to use "trashy" or "grungy" as insults to Zombie's films as if that weren't the aesthetic he was going for: throwback grindhouse flicks and exploitation movies. I'd love to see more horror made in the same vein

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Haha not even remotely all that I said and a clear indication that you're not even reading my posts.

Already covered this twice.

It was great and better than Most of James Wan's films. Again, a remake that probably wouldn't have had the support or footing had it not been for the current climate of Horror intrigue over the past few years thanks to Wan and a few others.

Have you seen yours? They look like quotes from a Rob Zombie movie

Again, not all that I said at all.

You don't see that shit because the majority of people don't really like it. Neither do critics. Halloween was a movie built around suspense and mystery of why Michael did what he did, why one day a kid on Halloween did something horrible and never came back from it. That's eery and creepy. Rob Zombie's first remake of Halloween has the first 40 minutes or so showing a dude working the system on an injury to get welfare, beating his girlfriend, abusing kids, and making sexual remarks towards a teenager. Then we watch a child beat another kid to death extremely graphically that goes on for too long when it could've just been alluded to. I'm pretty sure there is an entire scene of dialogue where every sentence contains "fuck" or "fucking."

Then he goes on to the second movie where he makes it out to be that Michael is haunted by his mom, who was Michael's only positive influence in his tell of that story. She is now encouraging him to kill and he's grunt screaming. And a god damn horse. I'm laughing about it as I type this.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Why are you continuously referencing critics' opinions regarding horror films?

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Wow this is a brick wall i'm no longer talking to.

fenway89 likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Also grungy/dirtier horror stories are a lot better/much more tasteful when it's done by Robert Rodriguez. See Planet Terror, Death Proof, and From Dusk Till Dawn. Pretty sure he also produced Predators.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol no way are you about to tell me that Planet Terror is better than a Zombie film. Death Proof was Tarantino. FDTD is a classic but I certainly wouldn't call it "tasteful". It takes place in a titty bar and has that whole Cheech Marin speech when they first enter.

Why are you so offended by people saying "fuck"?

chris likes this.
  14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'm not offended. I think you sound like a teenager and it's annoying. Much like Rob's films in which watching borderline torture for me. Planet Terror is beyond self-aware and also expected to be laughed at in how ridiculous it is. They cast Fergie like come on.

I can't believe i'm seeing Rob Zombie's films be defended and praised like so. Truly the only corner of the world where I have seen this. If i'm in the minority then this is my last post regarding him and his work.

Edit: Also, Rodriguez produced Death Proof.

15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this is a productive and good conversation.

Shrek, Ken, ChaseTx and 6 others like this.
  16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

That's the internet for ya.

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

OhTheWater likes this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

But the critics!

chris likes this.
  19. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Anyone know if zombies H2 is streaming anywhere? Seeing people talk about it positively makes me want to rewatch it. I’ve seen his first one enough to know I genuinely don’t like it.

carrytheweird likes this.
  20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

fenway89 likes this.
  21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

The difference between Film people and Horror people

Contender and OhTheWater like this.
  22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Oh yeah, patronizing me after I gave it up. Definitely a child on the other end of this username.

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

oh right, right.

Actually no.

And that list has some god awful movies on it.

24. carrytheweird Jan 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2018)
    carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Almost forgot about this too.

John Carpenter Calls Rob Zombie a "Piece of Shit" | MetalSucks

Now lets see somebody pan Carpenter for this, and try to say he's wrong about his own movie and how this remake did it wrong. I could use a laugh at the moment.

Edit: My favorite quote from the article that says it better than I did. "Zombie basically shows a burnt cigarette butt and says, “See, it’s burnt because someone used fire to smoke it!!!” And the audience is like, “Yeah, dude. That’s what happens.” As I said in my recent review of his new movie, 31: Zombie does not really seem to understand the genre he professes to love."

fenway89 likes this.
  25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

You’re literally just spouting nonsense now.

Why can you not accept that art is subjective and people will have different reactions and interpretations of it?