Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Zombie’s second film rules and I will die on that hill

yung_ting and Swae Lee like this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

The hill is dead too. Those films are poop. I could enjoy watching Resurrection over either one any day.

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've seen no credible arguments in terms of why the Zombie films should be disregarded completely. It's a dumb argument. The cult of Thorn shit is much dumber and ruined the original run of the series.

4. Davjs

Trusted

I actually really like the first zombie movie. That sequel though......that is something else.

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Hick Haddonfield is wack.

currytheword, Connor and David Parke like this.
  6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I actually feel the opposite. That first Zombie movie is bad but I admire the second one. It’s off the rails but I love it.

nohandstoholdonto and Davjs like this.
  7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Pretty much anyone he casts in his films blows at acting. That's a major detractor, even for Horror Movie standards. It's also incredibly overwrought and over the top like all of his films. From a story standpoint they made serious missteps with the thing that makes the Boogey man most effective - not knowing the root of his evil.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think the humanizing aspects in his first film are much more effective than saying that he's part of an evil cult

9. Davjs

Trusted

Fair enough, It was crazy random off the rails, so I can respect that outlook on it.

10. Kuri44

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Kuri44 likes this.
  12. Kuri44

chewbacca110 likes this.
  13. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I kinda just figured it wouldn’t be, like, enjoyable for him to kill a baby? Idk how to explain it, but I didn’t see it as humanizing and more like it wasn’t worth his time.

GrantCloud and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

seeing it tonight!!

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Scout Taylor Compton was a great Laurie.

This film was good. I enjoyed 99% of it. Happy it was made.

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This was good. Loved all the nods to the original and of course the score

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. currytheword Oct 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2018)
    currytheword

Trusted

Funny, feel like I see no credible, sensible defense of those movie’s good aspects. Opinions are fun.

Connor likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

I think this movie spoke a lot to how Michael is motivated by causing fear for killing, the first sequel since the first movie to do it. Similar in a sense to how Pennywise needs his victims to be fearful in order to kill. Michael targets those (a lot of women and teens) who become petrified of him and in a sense gets off on it, for lack of a better phrase. Things like setting up his sister’s tombstone with a body, hiding bodies to be found later, dropping the teeth over the bathroom stall door, standing in plain view and then disappearing, etc etc. it all speaks to how he likes the predator/prey aspect of killing to me in a way. The difference between him and pennywise is that he’ll still kill anybody else who tries to stop him.

Killing the baby wouldn’t do anything for him or the audience.

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've posted many, including a ton of links to other viewpoints that no one takes the time to read.

yung_ting and currytheword like this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

Likewise as to why I felt those movies aren’t great. According to your last post those aren’t credible at all, so it looks like we’ve made equal progress on both sides haha.

21. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

None of these movies outside the original are actually worth a damn.

Connor and currytheword like this.
  22. I never said they should be disregarded completely (I like parts of the first film), but I posted a thorough number of reasons why Zombie's Halloween II was bad in the horror thread lol I mean Michael talks in it for christ's sake

Connor likes this.
  23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

For months I’ve been struggling with remembering if I’ve seen Zombie’s Halloween 2 or not. That trivia nugget confirms I have NOT seen it. Wtf?

24. It's only one line, and I'm not gonna spoiler it because it's fucking dumb. He screams "Die!" As he's stabbing Loomis towards the end of the movie.