Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

For all the shit I talked about it, I’m feelin very tempted to go see it again haha

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm on the side that didn't enjoy this. Felt very middle of the road, and everything was just there more or less. There's some killer to the filler (for instance, I liked the opening a lot), and JLC as Strode is as good as everyone says, but that doesn't make it worth price of admission. Almost got whiplash from the tonal shifts this had as well. This simply wasn't that good

dadbolt likes this.
  3. a nice person Oct 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 19, 2018)
    a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

This is a series that proves over and over again that its story had been told in full by Carpenter in 1978. With that said, there were many enjoyable aspects of this movie. It is a very middle-of-the-road film, which puts it near the top for the sequels in this series.

David Parke, Barresi and Kuri44 like this.
  4. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Ugh, such wasted potential.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Judging from the comments so far...

[​IMG]

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just got out a little while ago....I'm generally easy to please so take it with a grain of salt, but I found it pretty enjoyable. I do agree with the folks that said the ending seems somewhat abrupt. Sometimes there seemed to be weird character decisions or things said that didn't really mesh well IMO. I also thought "the twist" was kinda like a "uhh, why?"....but overall it was still enjoyable.

Kuri44 and David Parke like this.
  7. Ugh. I recoiled at that. that doctor will likely go down with the worst characters in the franchise for me along with Tina and Busta

Kuri44 and David87 like this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

I’m still trying to take it all in. The good, the bad, and everything in between.

9. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I liked the first act, and most of the third act, but from Myers’ return to Haddonfield until the (infuriating) twist, it was just so... boring, by-the-numbers, totally lacking in atmosphere, and a body count for the sake of a body count. So frustrating.

There might be a really good 80-85 minute fan edit in there.

10. oakhurst Oct 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2018)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

$33 million opening day. Second largest ever behind IT. It also beat Venom for best opening day of October.

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yayyyyy hype for the inevitable slasher comeback!

kyle, primavera, Kuri44 and 2 others like this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

Largest horror or October or ?

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Definitely largest for October. It has a chance to break Venom’s record for biggest October weekend.

Jusscali likes this.
  14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

More Mikey is a good thing.

David Parke likes this.
  15. SteveLikesMusic

Interesting:

“Danny and I were really self-conscious about making sure there was no humor in this movie. There was nothing funny on the page. And then we get into the casting and the rehearsals and the production of it, and people are funny and there's wit and there's an alternate line or this kid who is being babysat and he talks shit and it's hilarious. Then you are in the editing room thinking, "Do we indulge ourselves?" So you let the audience, you put some of it in and say, "Hey, is this a good kind of tension breaker or is it distracting?" with those kinds of things that are starting to appear.”

David Parke likes this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

All I know is the little kid yelling "Oh shit!" and running out of the room is exactly the way I would react in that situation, even as a 30 year old man

Aaron Mook, Joe, currytheword and 6 others like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

As far as horror movies go, this was great.

18. That kid was refreshing and amazing. Give him his own film.

19. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Thought the film was just OK. Had some decent moments and the soundtrack was killer. But never really built much atmosphere, which is big for me, and the ending was lame. seems weird Laurie would burn the house down and peace. Like that doesn't seem keeping in character with all her other preparations. Just a weak-ass way to still be able to do a sequel

Kuri44 likes this.
  20. Kuri44

Yeah, her arms/ammunition were pretty weak for 40 years of preparing if you ask me, but it’s just a movie.

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My favorite parts of this were the bits of fan service especially falling out of a window and then disappearing.

I wouldn’t say I feel disappointed in this movie but I felt like it severely lacked any tension besides the motion sensor lights and Laurie in the mannequin room. Trailers showed SO much that I felt like I knew too much going in. I won’t hold that against the film as I could have easily chosen not to watch a single trailer.

David Parke likes this.
  22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yo this fucken rules nerds

23. trevorshmevor Oct 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2018)
    This wasn’t very dynamic like at all but I laughed a lot. Both kids, the two cops talking about food, the dad approaching the cop car, asshole boyfriend’s friend talking to Michael. Also the doctor going “I’m a doctor, lock your doors” lmao. The twist was incredibly transparent and there was basically no suspense but for the sake of just being a good ol’ slasher it got the job done

David Parke likes this.
  24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Man, that twist was awful and knocked this down quite a bit — otherwise I enjoyed it. Hard to say how much, though, because my crowd was the absolute worst.

David Parke likes this.
  25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

This was bad and not scary.