Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halloween (Gordon-Green, October 19, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 9, 2017.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Halloween
    Halloween II
    Halloween H20
    Halloween: The Curse
    Halloween 4
    Halloween 5
    Halloween 3
    Ressurection
    Rob Zombie's movies.

Really looking forward to the new one.

carrytheweird likes this.
  2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

What can I say, I love Busta Rhymes.

airik625 likes this.
  3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yeah, Resurrection is awesome

4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

really glad john is scoring this

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Zombie 1
    Zombie 2
    H2O
    Resurrection

6. SteveLikesMusic

Cannot stress how poorly H2O has aged haha. It’s 80% horrible teenage drama

Ken likes this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Still have fun watching it though.

Ken likes this.
  8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

While I agree, it’s the closest that the tone and progression of a Halloween movie has been to the originals. Also JLC carries the movie and is the best part.

Ken likes this.
  9. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I like H20 quite a bit tbh, it's up there in my ranking I think

10. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Halloween > H4 > H2 > H20 > H5 > H3 > H6 > Ressurection > Rob Zombies movies

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Zombie movies are much better than most of the boring ass sequels

Contender likes this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

3 is also great you fucking scrubs. A weird as hell out there movie with a ton of great shots

13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Rob Zombie took Carpenters work and injected it with his shitty grunge shock value nonsense. I’m all for somebody doing their own thing. His sucked horribly. ESPECIALLY the second one.

ChaseTx likes this.
  14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I thought this was the unpopular opinion thread and we were talking about drink rankings when I read this. What a dumb name for a movie

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. SteveLikesMusic

I think I need to rewatch 3.

16. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think the Zombie movies are terrible or anything I just don't really like them compared to the sequels. I have a lot of nostalgia attached towards the latter sequels and they're fun watches for me, so I'm a bit biased I guess.

I do think the second one was not good though. I haven't seen it in a few years so maybe I'd react differently now but I don't know. I'll probably watch all the originals and then his two before the new one though so that'll be fun

17. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Also 3 is what the series probably should have become. I know it's deep down on my list but I love it a lot

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

Zombie movies did a good job of framing the whole thing as a disgusting tragedy. Not an entertaining spooky romp, but a brutal, brutal tragedy that ruins the lives of everyone around it. Hence they are kinda hard to watch.

Contender likes this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I thought the first Zombie movie was incredible. The idea of watching him as a kid for a decent portion of the film and seeing why he blossomed into an absolute maniac was fantastic. It was brutal, had great jump parts, and in my opinion never lost the true terrifying vibe of what Michael Myers was supposed to be.

Very excited for this next installment!

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

It was the same crap he’d done literally every other movie before. He just simply threw Michael Myers mask on it this time. Easily the most overhyped director in horror.

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

There hasn’t been a horror director with that strong of a unique style/vision in decades. Even in the same universe, House and Devils are strikingly different films. To call them literally the same is to be willfully ignorant. Nothing interesting has happened to the Michael Myers character since like 2. I love the original two and 3, but the sequels are pretty damn boring

SteveLikesMusic and Contender like this.
  22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Then i'll be willfully ignorant. His stories are shit. They are never grounded or immersive. He enjoys making everything look like something out of his closet. Maybe I also don't enjoy listening to people talk like they're living trash for a full movie's length. His gore is over the top. On top of that his wife isn't a good actress in my own opinion, yet she's put at the forefront of every movie almost. I feel severely lucky that we get a chance at another reboot with Green/McBride after what he did with it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I also do not think Sherri Moon Zombie is a good actress. She was alright in The Lords of Salem, and I think that was why I was able to enjoy it so much.

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Also, James Wan. Seriously? If it weren't for his success and revival of horror over the past decade, there probably wouldn't even be a market or studio to back this movie.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Mmm yes haunted house movies, the best thing to happen to horror ever.