Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Half Waif - Lavender (April 27, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Feb 6, 2018.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

they toured together

2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

What’s your point?

bachna84 likes this.
  3. cwhit

my point is of course they're supporting each other? why get so defensive lol

fenway89 likes this.
  4. Connor

Not trying to be defensive, i was genuinely curious. I think that you just highlighted how not black and white this stuff can be. Like if you tour together then it’s ok to support each other?

I don’t know, i think if Julien, who is a very outspoken activist still supports Half Waif after her comments about Evan then maybe it’s not so cut and dry. With that said, everyone is entitled to their feelings. If what she said makes you uncomfortable, that’s ok. I just don’t want people to think less of those who are still excited about this.

bachna84 likes this.
  5. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Not all artists who go on tour together show continued support to each other.

Also, how is someone being defensive by asking a simple question?

fenway89 likes this.
  6. cwhit

my statement had zero things to do with the conversation from last night, was just pointing out a connection. i don't know why that had to be brought up again, especially when you were using it just to prove your own point that i still feel is incredibly unrelated to my own feelings of discomfort. i have the album in my library, and i've wanted to listen to it, but every time i approach it i end up turning away. are you saying my feelings aren't valid? i haven't once told anyone how they should feel in this occasion, but trying to convince others that their feelings don't matter is way way wrong

dadbolt likes this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yo where did this even come from lol

dadbolt and cwhit like this.
  8. username

hey you lil piss baby

“What’s your point” is very much a defensive question, how can it be read otherwise lol

dadbolt and OhTheWater like this.
  9. Connor

Tell me where i did this. Read my post again Casey. I pretty much said your feelings are valid. The problem is you frequently act like your way of feeling is the only way of feeling.

bachna84 likes this.
  10. Connor

Maybe read the whole conversation.

It isn’t even remotely defensive. Asking a question isnt defensive. Lol

bachna84 likes this.
  11. cwhit

you should never tell anyone who feels uncomfortable supporting artists that they feel wrong. it is very very different between telling someone who is supporting an artist not to.

12. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I don’t think that asking someone to explain their statement is defensive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I read @cwhit’s post several times and I was wondering what the point was also

fenway89 likes this.
  13. username

hey you lil piss baby

I don’t need to reread the thread to realize that you connected two different points and can’t admit that your wrong.

Also there’s plenty of non agressive ways to word the question other than “what’s your point” which clearly carries a defensive tone.

dadbolt likes this.
  14. cwhit

especially when there is context based on last night that you are relating that whole conversation with what i just said, an entirely unrelated point that has nothing to do with julien's support of nandi in regards to the statements, and solely just pointing out the objective fact that they toured together so friendly support isn't surprising

dadbolt likes this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

I don’t know how you could read his post as anything other than “they toured together so it’s not surprising that she is using her platform to promote half waif”

There was nothing else to it and y’all are on some gotcha shit.

dadbolt likes this.
  16. Connor

If you read the conversation you’d see i didn’t connect two different points. Thanks though

17. Connor

Nobody is on “gotchya shit”. We are having a conversation

18. Connor

Keep ignoring where i said it’s completely valid to feel uncomfortable.

19. username

hey you lil piss baby

You made a leap. Take the L.

dadbolt and Joel like this.
  20. cwhit

this conversation is:

teebs: julien and half waif are friends that's so cool!!!
    cwhit: well duh they toured together
    everyone else: BUT JULIEN SUPPORTS HALF WAIF YOU SHOULD TOO

dadbolt likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dear lord

coleslawed, dadbolt, dylan and 5 others like this.
  22. Connor

This isn’t what happened. And nobody told you how to feel. Nobody told anyone how to feel. And are you sure thats what Teebs point was?

23. Connor

There isn’t an L or W. It’s a conversation, not a competition.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  24. Connor

It’s like talking to a brick wall. If your going to ignore huge parts of the convo then what is the point in having a discussion?

teebs41 likes this.
  25. username

hey you lil piss baby

But they were two separate conversations!!!!!