Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Half Waif Announces New Album; Streams New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Half Waif will release their new album Lavender on April 27th. Today you can stream the lead single “Keep It Out” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Lavender Burning
    2. Torches
    3. Keep It Out
    4. Lilac House
    5. In The Evening
    6. Solid 2 Void
    7. Silt
    8. Back In Brooklyn
    9. Parts
    10. Leveler
    11. Salt Candy
    12. Ocean Scope

2. rbf737

Regular

I wonder if this means anything new from Pinegrove is further off. It's very different sonically.

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Does she have much to do with the writing/recording of Pinegrove? I always figured it was mostly Evan.

4. rbf737

Regular

True I just noticed that it looks like half to all of Half Waif is made up of Pinegrove folks. Was just curious.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

these two things are totally unrelated, even if evan's abuse hadn't come out she wasn't touring with them anyways currently

AndrewSoup likes this.
  6. thevastminority

Regular

This is nice.

7. Wow, this might be my favourite of hers yet. Really beautiful and moving.

8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That sounds great, it's going to be a solid release! And I personally like the word itself and the concept as well (speaking of "lavender").

To those wondering if Nandi writes for Pinegrove as well - from what I've seen in their vlogs she just recorded keys on top of some finished song-structures, but there might have been more work and speculations between them in the pre-production. Like somebody said - she didn't always tour with them anyways, so it's probably not bound with any of the backlush or whatever. Hopefully will get into some more clarity with all of that, but I'd also rather talk about Half Waif and the songs around that new album cycle.