Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Half of All Cellphone Calls Could Be Scams by 2019

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Washington Post:

Nearly half of all cellphone calls next year will come from scammers, according to First Orion, a company that provides phone carriers and their customers caller ID and call blocking technology.

The Arkansas-based firm projects an explosion of incoming spam calls, marking a leap from 3.7 percent of total calls in 2017 to more than 29 percent this year, to a projected 45 percent by early 2019.

My tried and true method of just never answering the phone will finally pay off.

summertimejesus likes this.
  2. BradBradley

Regular

I feel like I’ve been past the 50% threshold for a while. I used to not answer calls from outside of my area code, but those that are with in it seem to mostly be spam now too.

3. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I get 2-4 spammer calls a day. It's infuriating. If I could turn off the phone feature I probably would at this point.

summertimejesus and ship90 like this.
  4. Dang, I get no spam calls ever. I do get a few spam texts though, which can be annoying.

Raku likes this.
  5. CMilliken

Trusted

I get them all the time and the number gets blocked instantly.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I literally answer no number I don’t know. If it’s important, they’ll leave a message.

summertimejesus and Penguin like this.
  7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

95% of my incoming calls are spam or food delivery drivers ha.

8. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

my coworker gets one every hour. my gf got a facetime audio request, and then called 3 times after that. they're smart enough to know their scams. my mom speaks little english so i get so worried she's gonna get caught in one of these scams.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I can't wait. I love answering my phone "Chicago penis enlargement"

summertimejesus and Saephon like this.
  10. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I get them fairly frequently, they've started spoofing numbers that look really local too.

summertimejesus likes this.