Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Haim - Something To Tell You (July 7, 2017) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 27, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wow that is one of the best covers I have ever heard from this series. And there are some really great ones

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

A little over a month since this came out. How is it holding up for everybody?

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's good not great. Reminds me of the new Local Natives record where it's perfectly fine but if I want to listen to the band I'm gonna go for the older stuff.

Zilla and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  4. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I can solidly say I prefer Days Are Gone, but I still listen a good bit and there's some gems in here.

In particular, I love "Found It In Silence", "Walking Away", and "Little Of Your Love"

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

First six tracks on this are absolutely stellar

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I have mixed feelings on this. I know I definitely prefer the debut but I still enjoy most songs on this. Repetition is the main drawback imo. Like on "Found It In Silence" I actually really enjoy that song but by the time it reaches the final chorus I am soooo sick of that chorus

7. irthesteve

Still dig the album, definitely front loaded a bit, but there's plenty to love in the back too

8. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

This was a grower for sure, it definitely shines in it's intricacies.

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I actually think the opposite. I haven't listened to this since it essentially came out.

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Still into it a ton

11. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Kind of forgot it came out, tbh.

Letterbomb31 and Jim like this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't listened to this since the day it came out.

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This album is perfect for listening in your car while driving, at least the first six songs.

14. irthesteve

@ComedownMachine new show at The Greek in October. I'm skipping it, but maybe it helps your HAIM/xx debauchele?

Also it comes with this lovely dance video

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Urgh this would help my conflict if I wasn't moving back east the week after LIB : (
    Still think I'll go with The xx......I gotta imagine Haim will be popping up all over the festival circuit next year.

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Definitely helps @irthesteve but I think I made up my mind with The xx. Thanks though I'm going to try getting tickets!

irthesteve likes this.
  17. irthesteve

Good luck!!

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This album really didn't make that big of a splash, did it?

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Probs bc it's just a snoozier version of the debut. It's fine but kind of whatever.

Jim and FTank like this.
  20. irthesteve

I do have to agree I don't think it's overall got the highs of the debut, but I find the album incredibly solid overall. Some of the songs in the second half, which I thought was weaker, are REALLY starting to show their colors to me in a really great way. The buildup and constant feeling or urgency in "Found It In Silence" is amazing, "Kept Me Crying" is extremely underrated and Dev's subtle but catchy sounds really work perfectly on "You Never Knew." I find the first half to be the immediate catchy half and the second half to be the slow burning nuanced half...

anyway, I really like this album

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I do still really like this album but I hope they have a bigger change up on their next one and that they don't just repeat each chorus 20 times

22. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Not sure if i'm describing this the right way, but I like this band's "darker" songs the most - stuff like Falling, Running If you Call My Name, & Right Now - rather than the "lighter" stuff. I think this album has far more of the latter, which isn't to say I dislike it, but I'm just not quite as into it as much as Days Are Gone.

23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

You're taking about the wrong HAIM album.

24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

It's weird for me. These songs work really well on a mix, but when I try to do the whole album it feels really same-y. Like "Ready For You" just came up on shuffle and I was like holy cow is this my favorite song ever. Never stood out before, but I think when put next to their peers or whatever their sound is refreshing.

25. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.