Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Haim - Something To Tell You (July 7, 2017) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

it's incredible front to back imo, like one or two songs that don't stand out but aren't bad

SteveLikesMusic and Snewt like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

irthesteve likes this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Seeing them in Oslo in June - can't wait!

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

SteveLikesMusic and irthesteve like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen May 4, 2018
    (Last edited: May 4, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

They are very fun live, that was good rock and roll uh music
    They did the Brandy and Monica and not the Shania cover and I wonder if that was intentional, I get it if it was

Also I imagine they curated their beautiful pre show playlist ( Modern Love, Gossip Folks, Genius of Love, I'm A Slave 4 You, Kiss, Return Of The Mack, Waterfalls, Hey Ma, You Got The Look, Hold Up, Hard To Explain, My Love)

Also apparently Illana from Broad City was there, I thought I saw someone that looked like her but I was distracted because one of the security guards had a golden retriever

irthesteve likes this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Saw them the other night in Toronto and it was so damn good. The repetitive nature of the STTY choruses didn’t bother me at all especially live because they are so damn fun.

Wish more people showed up in time to see Lizzo though.

8. irthesteve

i'm 100% showing up for Lizzo, so excited

9. irthesteve

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Seeing them in Oslo in June; so stoked!

11. irthesteve

I witnessed a pretty amazing show on Monday. First off, Red Rocks is just an amazing venue, extremely glad I got to go to the show there, totally worth it. Secondly, both Lizzo and Maggie Rogers were great openers, Lizzo particularly got the entire crowd fuckin ROWDY. Then, Haim themselves put on an A+ show. Just amazing, as usual, but on top of their game. They let Este sing lead for My Song 5 and Ready For You while they let Alana sing lead (and OWN the stage) for Found It In Silence, really great seeing that happen.

Anyway, I love this band, the end

Ferrari333SP and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

Nice! I always forget where red rocks is haha, don’t you live in LA?

13. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I was at this show too! You captured it perfectly... Maggie’s new songs sounded massive and closing her set with the a capella “Now that the Light is Fading” as the sun turned to dusk was a special moment for me. I loved how excited all three acts were to be there, and the lightning storm in the background as Haim played was like Mother Nature giving the show an extra punch. The whole band was so great but Danielle is especially incredible, I loved the contrast between her looseness on some of the vocal rhythms and how tight her guitar playing was. All these new songs GO live too :)

14. irthesteve

My fiancee actually got me plane tickets to Denver and Haim tix at Red Rocks for my 30th birthday (I'm old), gonna be a hard gift to beat haha

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. irthesteve

It was soooooo fun, do you live in Denver area? Do you get to go there all the time?!?!?

16. Matt Chylak

Haha no I'm from Philly (moving to Brooklyn on Saturday, actually!), my gal and I were out there on vacation to hike, hang with friends, and see our first show at Red Rocks. Had a wonderful time!

irthesteve likes this.
  17. SteveLikesMusic

Nice! And I’m 31 dawg, we Steve’s are up there together

irthesteve likes this.
  18. irthesteve

oh shit, I totally remember talking about this before!!! You were 10 rows ahead of me, we probably walked past each other and you are probably in my photos AHHHHH

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm 31 too! Fellow HAIM fan! Can't wait to see them live in three weeks!

20. Matt Chylak

lololol that's right. hope your trip was awesome too :)

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

They are consistently amazing

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Saw them live last Thursday in Oslo; really fun performance. It was the last show of the tour, so you could tell they maybe didn't have quite as much energy as they normally do. Danielle especially looked a bit out of it, but they still seemed to be into it. Opener Maggie Rogers was excellent as well

23. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I love

24. irthesteve Oct 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 16, 2018)
    irthesteve

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  25. irthesteve

WOW