Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

HAIM Fire Their Booking Agent • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Women with multiple years experience in the industry are upset over sexism and a pay disparity again in an industry they are experienced and knowledgeable and successful in, but men on the internet with no credentials think Haim are wrong based on nothing. Sounds legit.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Which is why they fired him? Which is what then led to you calling them spoiled brats?

3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Couldn't have been an easy thing to do. I hope it works out for them.

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Analog Drummer

Regular

Id write something snarky as well but I have no idea who you are nor do I care

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Seems like it matters who the male artist is no?

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I think the implication is that the artist is on their level of popularity

7. Analog Drummer

Regular

The rumour is that’s it’s MUSE. So if that ends up it’s true it’s quite laughable they think they are even in their ball park

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, that's a rumour. I wouldn't put much stock in it. HAIM aren't idiots, they know they wouldn't get as much money as Muse.

9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

ok we just requote this every other post now till people get it

10. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

*Plays the Devil’s advocate by saying it’s probably not mysoginy because we don’t have all the details*

*Automatically implies they don’t have the industry knowledge and/or experience to make such a decision*

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I just want to say I appreciate your efforts and that you don't have a constant concussion from banging your head against a wall like I would in your shoes

12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Except...its not. It said in the article that it was an artist they shared the stage with. Neither of those bands were on the lineup.

13. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

[​IMG]

BirdPerson and Sean Murphy like this.
  14. somethingwitty

Trusted

With festivals struggling as much as they are in 2018, you'd think that they be loaded with more female artists, if they are truly being paid less.

Without the context of this situation its not a discussion worth having. The rumors are that the male act is either Muse at Rock in Rio or Post Malone from Coachella. If its Muse, then they're delusional to think they'd even come close to getting paid the same.

However, if its Post Malone, it makes a lot of sense. They had similar time slots at Coachella so you would assume that they'd be paid the same. Only difference being Post is one of the biggest names in music right now and Haim released a sophomore album that flopped. When they were both booked for the fest, Haim was def the bigger name though.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my god i would rather never listen to anything but haim for the rest of my life than even risk hearing (1) more post malone song.

16. somethingwitty

Trusted

They're both industry plants but at least Haim seem to have some talent.

17. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

If it’s Muse, there should not even be a discussion of how that band deserves more than Haim on the simple fact that they should have about $100K or more deducted from their asking price for each of their last few shitty albums.

swboyd likes this.
  18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

(not the point of this thread so ignore this if you like, not aiming to take the discussion away from an important issue)

I think Post Malone has some talent for song writing for sure. Also how is HAIM an "industry plant", like yeah they come from well off families but so do The 1975 and no one is talking shit about them?

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I hate to point it out, but HAIM's last album wasn't exactly great too, and they don't have Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Holes to fall back on? Plus, Muse are obviously a bigger draw. That said, ten times more is an insane amount of difference for pretty much any selection of big bands.

20. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Obviously I know that Muse has a larger back catalogue to pull from. Just pointing out how much of an embarrassment Muse are to themselves at this point in their career.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I do not disagree with that point. Last few albums have been terrible.

22. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

here's my other hot take for this thread!!!

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I thought that might be the reason... Pretty disappointing.

24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I'd still put Something To Tell You over both The 2nd Law and The Resistance, I still think Drones bangs pretty well. I like both Haim records but feel like the second one was a bit safe and the songs don't quite hit as hard as the ones on their first release. They were a lot of fun when I saw them back in May even if their "banter" went on a bit long at times.

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've always been unclear on what an industry plant is. I've heard ppl call Khalid an industry plant and idk what it means. Is it where an artist like comes out the gate successful and the label tries to make it look more organic? I've always wondered but apparently not enough to google