Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hail the Sun Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Transient_Hymn, May 13, 2016.

sukottokairu and beachdude like this.
  2. tvck

Trusted

These guys just don’t miss. Fantastic song

beachdude likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah that was excellent.

4. tvck

Trusted

5. sukottokairu

Regular

this sounds great! super hyped for the album! also, surprising to see their touring drummer in the video, he mentioned he contributed to writing for this whole record. i do miss donny focusing more on the drums, but this is excellent!

beachdude likes this.
  6. Never really listened to this band but checked this out on a whim and it fucking rules. Which album of theirs should I listen to in the meantime?

beachdude and sukottokairu like this.
  7. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Wake is my personal favorite, followed by Mental Knife and then Culture Scars. Their Elephantiasis EP is also quite good.

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Seconding Wake being their best

9. tvck

Trusted

You really can't go wrong, but I echo the above. They really haven't released anything less than quality albums/EPs.

beachdude likes this.
  10. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

This is new track feels fresh, the acoustic bit that comes in for a moment gave me chills. His voice seems to be stronger than ever which is super impressive with this style of music to me

beachdude, StoJa9 and tvck like this.
  11. WeWereGiants

Regular

If this song is any indication of the energy on the album I’m sold! I’ve been a casual fan since Wake, nothing has grabbed me like that album but this is damn good

beachdude and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

not a huge fan of this style but this song is pretty nice

13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Am I alone in like Nova Charisma more than Hail the Sun? I love Hail the Sun, but I don’t know, I just like the songwriting on Nova Charisma a little more.

14. thenewmatthewperry

Nova Charisma is super great, best stuff Donovan has been involved in since Wake. I think his side projects have breathed new life into Hail the Sun though and am super looking forward to New Age Filth.

beachdude and Benjamin Lee like this.
  15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, I definitely think his songwriting has gotten stronger as a result of branching out from post-hardcore.

16. thenewmatthewperry

yeeeeeeeeeee

beachdude and tvck like this.
  17. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

digging these 2 new songs more than anything on the last two albums

18. thenewmatthewperry

It's out and it fuuuucks

StoJa9, beachdude and Benjamin Lee like this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

this is their best album for sure. Donovan sounds spectacular on this!

20. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, this album is sick. Probably going to play the shit out of it for awhile.

tvck, StoJa9, beachdude and 1 other person like this.
  21. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

beachdude and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Parasitic Cleanse rips so hard

beachdude likes this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This new album is sick. Always liked this band but never really spent much time with their stuff, will definitely be listening to this a bunch.

sawhney[rusted]2 and beachdude like this.
  24. sukottokairu

Regular

such a good album, but it's soooo short! every song leaves me wanting more, which is annoying but also good as it gives the album a lot of replay value. i applaud them for always evolving, but not sure if this one is gonna top wake for me.

some of the lyrics on this really stand out. you can tell donovan got extra personal. and his vocals are sounding great, he has amazing control of his voice!

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This album makes it clear that they had to make mental knife, since they needed to “relearn” how to be a band, and being able to incorporate the influences from that record here, with a lot of the stop-start writing of their earlier albums, really makes for a potent mix here. And I can’t stress how improved donovans melodies and vocals are this time around.

thenewmatthewperry and beachdude like this.