Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hacker Who Stole Nude Photos of Celebrities Gets 18 Months in Prison

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Guardian reports that the hacker responsible for stealing and leaking nude photos of a variety of celebrities has been sentenced to 18 months in prison:

The hacker who stole nude photos of female celebrities in 2014 has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison, officials announced on Thursday.

In a court in May, Ryan Collins, a 36-year-old from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, pleaded guilty to federal hacking charges and admitted to a two-year phishing scam to gain passwords of more than 100 people, including actors Jennifer Lawrence and Aubrey Plaza and singers Rihanna and Avril Lavigne.

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

To be clear this is the guy responsible for the fappening?

Raku and Schooner like this.
  3. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I can't help but feel that 18 months for such a deliberate act to invade people's privacy and steal their personal data is a bit lenient.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Tata Toothy

Regular

How about it.. there's states that I could get pulled over and have a Marijuana seed in my car and get more time.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

that's fucked. dude violated their privacy and spread it across literally the entire internet. i don't think you can overestimate how overwhelmingly horrible that must feel, especially for people in the public eye.

6. Xardra

NBMA

This guy got more time than Brock Turner.