Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gym/Workout/Weightlifting Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by alert=danger, Nov 4, 2016.

1. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

Assuming I can't be the only one that regularly goes to the gym.

Figured a thread to post any PB you've hit, goals you're reaching for, anything you've done that you're proud of, any tips or anything you may have for anyone else.

Squatted 120Kg (265lb) at 75kg(165lb) body weight today. Pretty pleased with that!

Domaren likes this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Was shooting for a 300lb bench press (200lbs bodyweight) by the end of 2016, but shoulder issues/muy thai and jiu-jitsu got in the way. Repping 225-235 consistently now though, which is fine by me.

Also working on my squats and deadlifts, but those aren't anything to write home about currently.

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

squat is between 300-340 right now (depends on how much of an effort i want to use that day, haha), bench is about 220. i honestly primarily just use free weights as a form of exercise. i weigh 195 right now but im hoping to get up to 205, hopefully toward the end of winter.

does anyone use any supplements? pre workout i use C4, and after I use cell tech creatine.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I used to, but now that I'm a bit older and more educated on them, I've really cut out supplements. I honestly just don't trust the industry enough.

Brenden likes this.
  5. Just started training seriously for the first time in my life. I'm currently 6'1" 188 lbs and 17% body fat. My initial goal is to cut down to 13% (while maintaining/gradually increasing strength) and then start bulking. I've been researching different fat burning supplements and Legion seems to be the best out there. Anyone here have experience with their products?

6. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Spin cycling has become a part of my daily routine and the results that I've seen are great. Wife and I bought one of those Peloton bikes.

best investment we've made in a real long time.

Jonathan and Garrett L. like this.
  7. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

Been doing Barbell HIIT circuits for the last few days with a 25kg barbell.

10 barbell push ups.
    10 burpie deadlifts.
    10 front squats.
    10 Overhead press.
    10 roll outs.

Repeat 5 times. 1:30 seconds rest between each set.

I can't feel my abs today. It's a real killer.

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I go to the gym about 5 days a week. My routine is incredibly basic though so I never feel like I make much progress anymore. The gym I go to is tiny, but sadly it's the only one that's anywhere near to me. Planning to move to the city sometime soon if I can ever get a job there, but once I do I'm planning to go to a bigger gym with more equipment and expand my routine.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm still WAF. (weak as fuck)

10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Anyone have any three day (MWF) splits they really love and recommend?

11. RandyBonnettes

Hi there,

Isn't it too much (I mean 5 days a week straight)? I've been searching for a good schedule and the guys on forums say it's inefficient and ineffective.
    Btw, here's my 3 days split (taken from the bodybuilding forum), if anyone is looking for ideas:

12. EarthShifts

Trusted

The past few years have been a lot of start and stop for me. Every time I find a groove I get injured (outside the gym) and have to reset. This year has been good so far though! Instead of winging it, I've tried to learn as much as I can and follow some programs instead.

Currently I am in the 2nd cycle (week 4) of 5/3/1. It makes things very easy for me as I have everything scheduled out in advance. I've also been tracking everything in a notebook so that I can see the progress over time. I'm still not lifting massive amounts of weight, but for me it feels good.

I am consistently squatting and deadlifting over 200 now, which I am pretty proud of. Last year I fractured my ankle pretty bad, so recovery has been a long road and seeing the increase in strength has been encouraging. I also got a bacterial infection in April and lost 15 pounds in a week. I've had a hard time gaining the weight back and currently sit at 159, but I'll get there. I'm just trying to go with the flow.

Overall I try and lift 3 days a week, and then do sprints/play basketball twice a week. It's been working for me so far.

13. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Yo, didn't know we had a thread for this.

This year I've gotten up to doing 4x10 415lbs deadlifts but am struggling to get up further in weight. I suspect I'm not eating as much as I should be.

14. gagliardisports247

Since playing basketball outside is not possible right now, I've dusted off some old weights and went back to some weightlifting. I just dont feel myself if I do anything physically challenging.

15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Started lifting for the first time in my life in January and the obsession hasn’t let up since. Fucking love the gym. It’s gotten to the point where some days I’m like “man I should play some video games, it’s been so long. Nahhh I’m feeling lazy, I’ll just hit the gym”. Habits are wild.

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

I fucking love the gym too!

GrantCloud and scottlechowicz like this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

Damn I wish I could squat that much.

GrantCloud likes this.
  18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

bro I just love the gym!!!

jorbjorb likes this.
  19. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I'm the tallest, hottest, buffest dude at my gym.

jorbjorb likes this.
  20. jorbjorb

7 rings

me @ the gym
    [​IMG]