Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gwen Stefani - You Make It Feel Like Christmas (October 6,2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 21, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Sep 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Quite honestly, I am here for this.

Need myself some more good Christmas albums to listen to other than She & Him.

truelovewaits likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I always wonder when they record these holiday albums. Like, was Gwen hunkered down in July singing "Jingle Bells"? Must be weird to get into the spirit.

Song's fine. Doesn't strike me as a "future standard", but I appreciate the swing.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That's an excellent question, I've never thought of it that way, although I do always find it weird that Christmas albums come out in like October.

5. Matt Chylak

Well, that's most likely a promo thing. You don't put an album out mid-November... you'd miss out on (1) stores and radio stations starting to program, (2) tv shows starting to book, and (3) pre-holiday sales. No one's adding spins of the Gwen Christmas album to their channels in December; the machine takes a while to rev up.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Oh thank God, another version of "Last Christmas.

kyle and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I mean I get the mechanics of it, it's just so strange to me. Like who on October 6th is going to be like hell yea new Gwen Stefani Christmas album out, let's do this! It's always just been funny to me, but I get that it's more about consistent sales and airplay like you said, rather than just a big first week.

8. lina555

Regular

I really wait this!

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think I remember Kris Allen talking about recording his in like July

I never thought about it before but it's probably the same with Christmas movies

10. Matt Chylak

Yeah, but at least movies take a long time to create. I can't imagine any of the holiday albums I've heard in the last 4-5 years taking much more than a few weeks. The formula is pretty much: (1) find an arranger and band, (2) write/find 2-3 new holiday songs, and (3) get in the booth.

The most outré holiday album I can think of in the last decade was probably Bob Dylan's Christmas In The Heart, and that was more for the fundamental strangeness of the release than the actual music, which was fairly perfunctory (though I'll ride for "Must Be Santa" and "Christmas Island" all winter).

11. Money grab but if the songs are good it'll work.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm looking forward to this but refuse to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Same

ghostedaway likes this.
  15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I refuse to listen to "Santa Baby" under any circumstance. That's right up there with "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas" in the pantheon of shitty holiday songs.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Maybe I am becoming a grinch, but I'm kinda over Christmas music in general :/

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

18. chelsealouanne

Regular

I already got my GA tickets/meet and greet for the very last show (March 16, 2019)! :hearteyes:

I'd love to have been able to go to the opening night, but I have another show a few days after it and I need time to plan my travel for this since I'm coming from Canada.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. chelsealouanne

Regular

I'm so excited for more Gwen!

Hopefully we get to hear some of the deluxe tracks soon! And that some are performed at the Dec. shows of her residency!

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious