Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guitar Pedals / General Guitar + Amp Thread • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Jun 27, 2019.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The Oneder drive is awesome and a great place to start. You can get full on fuzz with it. If you want a boost, you can make it do that too. Plus, Nick is the man. Honestly, he might hook you up if you talk with him. He gave me 30% off.

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I just got a Belle Epoch yesterday after going about a year without getting any pedals. I fucked around with it in a store and really liked it, and the asking price was a good $40 cheaper than the cheapest on reverb so I felt compelled.

3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Got a Strymon Iridium in a trade recently. Really enjoying the ease of use and getting stuff recorded. Really great sounding box!

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i haven't bought a pedal since i got the helix last year

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

You’re in luck. If you want a Oneder pedal, Nick is having a b-stock and rarities sale this Friday. He’s selling the Goon Fuzz. That thing is gnarly.

Goon Fuzz *PRE-ORDER*

aspeedomodel and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. aspeedomodel

Just got a Caroline Guitar Co. Parabola in a trade. Was planning to sell/trade it because I have tremolo covered, but dang it's....incredible sounding. Turning the speed/depth mid way to low and the drive up is an incredible sound.

May end up with two tremolo pedals on my board haha

7. aspeedomodel

Is....that...a That Thing You Do reference? Oneder?

8. I believe its Oh-need-der haha!

9. aspeedomodel

Hey, that's oh-net-er

Great film, need to check out these pedals not familiar.

10. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

New job is giving me a lot less free time and I haven’t been able to practice and play for months :( . No point in keeping all this stuff to sit in a room and gets picked up once or twice a month. Selling all of my stuff I’ve purchased over the last year and a half if anyone is interested hit me up

https://reverb.com/shop/dylans-gear-locker-454

11. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Did it all sell already? I don't see any listings

12. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

paperlung likes this.
  13. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Anyone have any recommendations for playing an electric through a Scarlett interface on a PC? I have to play all virtual cause of apartment life and Ive been using JamupPRO for the last few years, via my iPhone and a iRig interface.

14. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

The scarlett is pretty plug and play. You just need your guitar, cable, and the scarlett plugged into your computer.

You'll most likely wanna download a DAW (reaper or garageband are free) and then plug your headphones/speakers into the scarlett. There's all sorts of amp/effects sims you can download or purchase, depending on your budget.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The other day I used my Scarlett for the first time in a couple years and despite having headphones plugged in and the output on Logic set to Scarlett, I was still only getting audio out of the attached speakers. When I unplugged the speakers, just got no sound at all. Any ideas?

16. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

..Thanks but go on! WHAT amp effects and sims! That was the question haha. I have Reaper. I didnt find any guitar amps built into that DAW, or the evaluation version at least.

17. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

does anybody here have any experience w nerve issues? like carpal tunnel or the like?

ive been having some issues getting looked at by hand doctors for. they immediately thought carpal, but had i an emg come back clean so idk. i can still play and fortunately it seems like i was proactive enough on the issue but its a little alarming when you take your work gloves off and your fingers are pure yellow and completely numb. ive heard a few guitar player horror stories about ulnar nerve damage so its got me feeling anxious. ive always suffered from the occasional cold hands so maybe i just have shit blood circulation or something.

18. phaynes12

yeah, buy a wrist band. just, like, any kinda normal one usually intended for sweat or whatever. it’ll help.

spreadthehummus2321 likes this.
  19. congruence

Got a light?

Strymon Big sky scheduled for delivery tomorrow

aspeedomodel likes this.
  20. aspeedomodel

Forget if I posted this here, but I finally got my pedalboard built. Took wood from my stash in basement and made a tiered little board, then grabbed extra stain and gave it a dark finish. Really happy with the results! The tiered approach is really lovely for access and hiding the mess. Also happy that I can drop in/out pedals as I need, already swapped a few here and there. Now I've got the Count to 5 on the end before Iridium.
    [​IMG]

21. congruence

Got a light?

Looks great !!

aspeedomodel likes this.
  22. aspeedomodel

Thanks! Having the Iridium on the end is awesome for quick playing too. Big fan.

congruence likes this.
  23. phaynes12

bought a wah. have been an idiot ever since it arrived.

aspeedomodel and tomdelonge like this.
  24. I’m gonna check that thing out. Seems cool.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  25. aspeedomodel

I love it! Great for quick practicing, plug headphones in and just play. Sounds great!

Also recording with it is a breeze which is a huge plus.

bradsonemanband likes this.