Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guitar Pedals / General Guitar + Amp Thread • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RyanRyan, Jun 27, 2019.

1. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if this is the right thread, but any tips on recording guitar videos for things like Instagram or YouTube? Both video and audio (and how to tie the two together). I’ve been playing guitar forever, I just have 0 experience in audio or video editing for it

RyanRyan likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

so i did this for a bit and basically how i did it was i would record the video on my phone and then mic up my amp and record the audio into logic. i would then import the audio file into imovie and sync it up with the video file, and then remove the video file’s audio so i’m only hearing the mic’d amp. hope that helps.

Petit nain des Îles, TomG and dylan like this.
  3. RyanRyan May 23, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2020)
    RyanRyan

It’s brilliant. I currently use it as a gritty low gain kind of drive, but have recently discovered if I just turn the tone down all the way on my strat then it becomes a really smooth fuzz. It’s a really dynamic drive/distortion/fuzz/crackly weird box. If you want it to get sputtery and weird then it absolutely can - the other footswitch is a momentary crackly broken amp kind of deal. It gets super interesting when you combine it with other effects like delay/reverb. I use it for machine-gun stutters and drones, but when you set it to latching you can use it like a velcro/gated distortion or fuzz. I used to use it with a Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop V2, but had to leave that at home. That being said, it pairs brilliantly with other drives/boosts. Also...it GLITTERS haha. It’s a nice little aesthetic touch haha.

!HOWEVER! If you don’t think you’re going to use the broken amp sort of switch, save yourself the pedalboard real estate and get their Mini. It’s the same circuit but half the size and with extra tone sculpting. People swear by the Mini too. Tempted to get one myself. It has separate controls for bass, mids and highs, which could be really useful. Haven’t heard a bad thing about either.

phaynes12 likes this.
  4. phaynes12

yeah i’ve heard great things about the mini, seems like it’s their flagship pedal

RyanRyan likes this.
  5. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Super helpful! Thanks! I have logic and iMovie so that’s perfect!

phaynes12 likes this.
  6. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

opinions on a good entry-level amp for bedroom-noodling? for some reason i want a jc-40 but maybe that’s not the right choice. is the boss katana 2x12 cool? i like the fact that it would allow me to sidestep having to buy pedals.

drummer that’s played guitar off and on all my life but never owned or learned about gear, got a custom set made for me by my bandmate so i’m finally diving in. pretty stoked on these cuties EC92CB8F-80BB-4B7F-8BE3-A09626E8C9DA.jpeg

flask, Crisp X, coleslawed and 2 others like this.
  7. RyanRyan

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Boss Katanas. I think they’ve got headphone outs too - almost a prerequisite for nighttime bedroom jams that won’t piss off the neighbours.

I’ve heard they’re quite good pedal platforms too! Though undoubtedly some already have onboard effects to try.

Nice bass! When I dabbled into bass my first one was a fiesta red Squier Precision Bass. Loved it but was an idiot already pining for another guitar and sold it within a couple years. I’ll probably get another bass some day.

jorbjorb, dylan and Cody like this.
  8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I love the teal pickguard hmm

jorbjorb, RyanRyan and Cody like this.
  9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

look how beautiful this color combo is wow

AB697215-65EC-49CB-BBE1-7F67341FE981.png

10. RyanRyan Jun 1, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2020)
    RyanRyan

11. stonecoldnimrod

Trusted

through facebook marketplace, i picked up my first pedal: boss overdrive. 40$. imma test it out today.

aspeedomodel, RyanRyan and jorbjorb like this.
  12. RyanRyan

I literally have to be pried away from my pedalboard lately. Absolutely obsessed with the MOOD. It is so damn creative and weird. I feel like a kid, it gets me so excited. I sit at work jigging about thinking about playing music when I get home. It’s also the perfect distraction during these crappy times.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

Your Milkshake likes this.
  14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

we need you to get it

spreadthehummus2321 and RyanRyan like this.
  15. Feels the most appropriate to post in here — Fulltone apparently posted some shitty stuff on social media regarding the current protests going on. Looks like they’ve deleted it and limited comments on other posts to “most relevant”, but Brendan Ekstrom came through with some screen caps.

Your Milkshake, phaynes12 and ChaseTx like this.
  16. phaynes12

their pedals suck anyways

RyanRyan likes this.
  17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’ve only been playing for a few years so I own a couple of “pedals”; Big Muff, Boss GT-1, Boss ME-70. I put pedals in quotes since the Boss ones are multi-effects processors. I’m trying to get rid of those and build my own board. Any suggestions for chorus, compressor, and delay pedals? Definitely want to buy an electro-harmonix canyon here soon.

18. RyanRyan

Right like they use fucking comic sans for their pedals

aspeedomodel and phaynes12 like this.
  19. phaynes12

you gotta really love weezer to think that brand makes good pedals worth buying

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

damn that guy sucks

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I never tried the OCD

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

23. RyanRyan

Amazed they reacted so fast. It certainly sets a precedent. Good for them.

oncenowagain likes this.
  24. RyanRyan Jun 8, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2020)
    RyanRyan

It has comic sans on it - you’re missing nothing. But in all seriousness there’s thousands of much better alternatives that were there long before he said the dumb shit that he did. If there’s any effect in the market there’ll never be a shortage of, it’s drive/distortion.

oncenowagain and phaynes12 like this.
  25. I always liked the Plimsoul, but yeah the drive/distortion market is plenty saturated as is. Definitely not a unique enough pedal to justify supporting them and their dogshit attitude

RyanRyan and oncenowagain like this.