Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gucci Mane Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, May 26, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

GUWOP OUT

Slangster and TheWater(s) like this.
  2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Yesssss

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

New mixtape titled First Day Out Tha Feds tonight at 10:17 EST.

5. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Gonna make a remix of "Tupac Back" called "GUWOP OUT"

6. Signifire

If I recall correctly from AP you're one of the bigger Wop fans on the forums. Having said that, what are his bests releases for the uninitiated? Or just best releases in general? I really like a lot of the songs I've heard but would like to really dig deeper with some full projects. Don't hold back!

7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yep, me and jake were among the biggest. what did it for me was burrprint 3d, state vs radric davis, jewelry selection. other popular ones are chicken talk, mr zone 6, trap back. theres even more beyond that but i have like 700+ songs by him and ive probably only actually heard like 150.

8. Signifire

Cool, I'll check these out, preciate it. He has so much material that it's a little overwhelming.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I think King Gucci is the only whole project I've heard and I thought it was pretty mediocre/awful. But I understand that's a pretty standard reaction to a lot of the stuff put out while he was in prison? I think First Day out Tha Feds is pretty incredible though so I'm eager to hear any freshly recorded material and maybe I will become invested enough to go back and listen to some essentials.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah pretty much anything released between like, mid 2013 to present is gonna be uneven at best. there's a stretch of tapes and stuff that is considered pretty solid to amazing, starting around chicken talk (i think thats the consensus, but idk for sure)

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Do you know if First Day Out Tha Feds is his first newly recorded material since then? My understanding is most stuff released during his time in prison was banked material but I think I've also seen it said that he was able to record in prison.

12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty sure that it's the only thing recorded since he went to jail. I think any time his camp claimed it was recorded in prison was a lie, but I dunno for sure I guess.

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

State vs Radric Davis is a classic. Burrprint 3D too. Gucci the rapper can be wildly inconsistent but Gucci the A&R man is a God. The man has a great ear for talent and imo is responsible for many of our current favorites.

stillbrazy likes this.
  14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

stillbrazy likes this.
  15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Now that GUCCIS home it's over for you Gucci clones

stillbrazy and brandon_260 like this.
  16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

download all of the following tapes and learn about the sanctity of gucci mane:

burrprint the movie 3d, chicken talk, jewelery selection, mr zone 6, bird money, writings on the wall 2

thats a good start but theres a ton more i have 20 gucci tapes and im def missing a ton still

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

hes put on so many people. he had a collab tape with future in fucking 2010. 2010!!!!!!!!!!

19. Horrorca

Trusted

Trap House Threeeeeeeee

20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Have you ever read about this? Apparently Gucci had like no idea who Future was and did it just because lol

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

no thats incredible, and its also incredible that mike will produced like the whole damn thing

22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think it was maybe in the faders oral history of Gucci, which is great in general and filled with wired shit like that

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i never got around to reading that whole thing just the top 10 facts i gotta go check it out

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Just gotta say it's nice to hear Gucci on a G.O.O.D. Friday track. Even though I'm not crazy about the song, I'd like to hear him on some more in the future.

25. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Damn I hadn't even thought about this in a few years. Didn't know he didn't know Future either. I'm just glad he's back and sounds recharged. Hopefully he can stay out of jail

stillbrazy likes this.