Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gucci Mane - Everybody Looking (July 22, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sophos34, Jun 25, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Two Zaytoven/Gucci tracks:

Third one dropping tonight

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

3. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Whattt

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

as we discussed in the kanye thread, travis is great at bringing down otherwise good songs.

tucah likes this.
  6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

siiiigh

7. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

People give Drake (deserved) shit for aping other peoples sounds and being a wave rider but I don't hear it enough about Travis and his is often criminal.

stillbrazy likes this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Idk man that's like one his most common criticisms that I have seen. Rest assured it would be different if Scott had anywhere near Drake's level of popularity

9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

new album Woptober coming soon

airik625 and ChiliTacos like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Serious question, not trying to stir shit up... but why does Chris Brown get panned for his past actions, but Gucci Mane is praised around here. Dude has been arrested and charged for aggravated assault MANY times, attacked fans multiple times... why does he get a pass? Is it because the people he's harmed are all male? Is it because the people he has harmed are not celebrities? I honestly want to know what people think.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I've mentioned the time Gucci threw a woman out of a moving car as reason I personally can't listen to him

12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Gucci doesn't necessarily get a "pass" per se. He's committed his share of crime against women. Part of why there isn't the knee jerk reaction to him certainly stems in part from Chris Brown's attacks being more visible and physically obvious and horrendous, but there's more to it. Gucci openly suffered from addictions that left him admittedly unstable, and there are people close to him that claim he's diagnosed as schizophrenic. These aren't excuses but they are context. In recent years as information about brown has come out - his own experiences as someone who apparently suffered sexual abuse, his own mental illnesses - I've certainly toned down much of my most aggressive reactions to his presence.

Other factors include Gucci serving time for his crimes and seeming genuinely repentant in many instances, and quite frankly, Chris brown has never done anything as valuable or interesting artistically as Gucci has down many times in his career.

Basically, I think context matters. It doesn't excuse behavior or crimes but we can certainly understand them better.

airik625 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. irthesteve

Well said. I had been thinking about this the other day after reading a laundry list of his incidents over the years and wanted to hear some input

14. irthesteve

must have missed that one in my minimal research, yikes.

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Unsurprising I guess but the Travis Scott song is probably the worst thing he's dropped since his release.

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

17. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Hahaha love the artwork

18. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

19. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

his verse on this is great, sevyn is underrated and charlie heat produced it

Signifire likes this.
  20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

21. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

talking to myself in here these days lol

22. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I read your posts, take what you post and send it to my friends in my group chat and then forget to post if that's any consolation lol They think I'm early as fuck to things B-)

sophos34 and airik625 like this.
  23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'm also following along.

24. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

ChiliTacos likes this.
  25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm trying to follow too but Gucci just puts out too much stuff for me to keep up with. Which is not really a problem.