Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

GOTG2 > SM > Thor > WW > Logan > JL

That one was just too juicy for me to resist.

As for why... Guardians is my favourite comic book movie ever and one of my favourite films in general, there's very little I'm more excited for. Spiderman's my favourite comic book character and I really want this to be great, I liked what little time he had in CW and I hope Marvel can give him his best film yet. I like the Thor films way more than most people do which, probably has a lot to do with my girlfriend being a big Thor fan and the first one being the first film she showed me, and this one has Hulk and Doctor Strange so I'm feeling confident it's going to be fun. Wonder Woman looks solid from the trailer and again, my girlfriend loves Wonder Woman so I can't wait to see that with her. I'm very wary of Logan, I've hated the other two Wolverine films and I'm not sure they can pull this one off. I'd love to be wrong though. Justice League is kind of whatever.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Agreed on GOTG, verbatim.

Spider-Man is my favorite comic book character, but my excitement is inhibited by me wishing they had used Miles Morales, or Andrew Garfield, or a new adult Peter (maybe even married to MJ), or perhaps even a combination of all the above! Thus it being #4. But, ASM is a top 5 comic book film of mine for being the first onscreen Spidey I could get hyped about, so if this film lives up to its potential, it could similarly shoot up in my favorites list.

I agree with liking Thor films more than most people (especially poor Dark World), though both have fallen well short of their cast's potential and been kinda vanilla. This one looks to be fabulous.

Wonder Woman was initially #2, but my fear of DC is escalating. Everything looks good so far, but there's room in what we've seen for another ugly mess of a third act. I want to believe... Diana is one of my favorite comic book characters.

Fox's track record is HORRIBLE. The last Marvel film of theirs I'd personally call great is X2. But, they've had a lot of decent and near misses lately. Even The Wolverine, which I HATE, has enough good in it for me to give Mangold another shot. Wolverine is my second favorite comic book character, the trailer was great, Laura/X-23 is cool, and... I just really want the first great Wolverine film.

JL is... yes, kinda whatever. Snyder is trash. Maybe this will at least be fun trash.

(What's the word count on this post? Does @Greg approve? I hope so!)

SpyKi likes this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

i approve of you not following your own standards and values that you set forth in this thread.

4. Tim

Your inability to separate someone being a dick with someone criticizing someone else for being a dick is impressive.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

If that's what you think I meant... By all means. Ignorance is bliss and all.

6. Tim

Ok, benefit of the doubt, since I sometimes like your posts. Just once, for the record, what did you mean? How did I misunderstand you?

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

So yeah, the trailer was pretty cool.

Raku and Davjs like this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree!

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

God I want this now

Raku likes this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This is going to be great.

Raku likes this.
  11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so, short ranking posts aren't substantial enough to start discussions, but when someone elaborates on their reasonings for doing it, it's too long and boring for you. got it.

Raku and Greg like this.
  12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I am Groot.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That trailer made me so damn happy.

Raku and SpyKi like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

coleslawed likes this.
  15. airik625

Raku likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tim, coleslawed, Raku and 1 other person like this.
  17. Tim

Drax has 100% been the MVP in everything we've seen thus far. So consistently funny.

"I tried, guys."

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Drax has been great. I'm worried they're going to overdo Baby Groot

Raku likes this.
  19. airik625

IMG_0575.JPG

Raku likes this.
  20. Tim

Raku likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah that makes sense. He hadn't been seen since Avengers post credit so I get that they need to keep reminding people he's out there. I bet they will name drop him in this movie though.

Raku likes this.
  22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah I mean he doesn't need to appear, but both Gamora's and Drax's vendettas should probably be addressed again before Infinity War.

Raku likes this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is really the only MCU movie I'm still super excited for. Looks awesome

Raku likes this.
  24. Tim

BLACK PANTHER THOUGH.

:pantherworried:

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

We live in the golden age of CBM. Antman and Wasp, BP and Thor 3..... I can't believe how spoiled we are.

Raku likes this.