Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Gunn, 5/5/2017) Movie • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Raku likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So 2021 release?

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I feel like jumping right from shooting Suicide Squad, to shooting Guardians 3, to promoting both films... is gonna be a pretty long, tough process for Gunn. At least the latter film will be for a studio he has a close relationship with, working w/ a cast that's like family, so hopefully that helps.

Raku, Nick and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Probably helps that Gunn already had a script drafted out for Guardians

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

looks like Beta Ray Bill is rumored to be in the next one

coleslawed likes this.
  6. tvck

Trusted

Thor has to be a part of this now then.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m assuming he’ll be in the first 1/3 of Guardians and then go off on his own, and that’s where Thor 4 will start.

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

So I randomly was in a Guardians mood last night and rewatched Volume 2

Still a good good movie, Mary Poppins Yondu is still great, Drax and Mantis interactions still ace, still love Rocket's impression of Taserface

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Do we know how many more movies Hemsworth has on his contract? I don’t really know how this all works.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Guardians 2 might be my favorite Marvel movie. It’s probably the only one I liked more the 2nd time I watched it.

11. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The premise is around Gamora so I could see him helping them find her and then in the end, he just leaves to go do his own thing

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

supposedly he resigned for 5 more movies including gotg 3 and thor 4

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  13. Tim

I'd honestly be a little surprised if Thor 4 actually happened, just 'cause it'd be the first character to get a 4th film.

Plus, if Beta Ray Bill really ends up being in Guardians 3, after teasing Thor w/ the Guardians, plus the other story threads this film has to work with, I feel like Beta Ray Bill would have to get Stormbreaker here. It's his comics weapon, & that's a lot of wasted screen time if it's not fulfilled here. But, if Thor gives Stormbreaker away, what story would Thor 4 tell?

The only way I could really see that happening is if it's called, like, "Journey Into Mystery" instead of "Thor: [subtitle]" or something, where he's not necessarily the primary driving force for the story.

RyanPm40 and Raku like this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just a friendly reminder people in this thread may not have seen Endgame yet

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

While probably true, it has been a few weeks since it came out so the discussion here is fair game.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

True. I’ll just peace out til I see it

17. Tim

I've seen official TV spots & YouTube videos from Marvel revealing major third act, final battle moments. I feel like, if you haven't seen Endgame yet, & you're trying to avoid spoilers still, sorry, you're probably fighting a losing battle, lol.

So, for your own sake, you should probably see it ASAP, like immediately, or just give up. Just for your own sanity.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Or we could just keep Endgame spoilers in the Endgame thread regardless, because that’s where they belong, that sounds like a good call to me

You shouldn’t have to do that, this isn’t the Endgame thread ffs

Joe4th and ChaseTx like this.
  19. Tim

Dude, nothing super spoilery was said in this thread. Just a couple vague statements about how the film might set up Guardians 3. The filmmakers, cast, Marvel's marketing department & online presence, etc., have been way more spoilery than the couple comments made on that topic in this thread. No reason to be a dick about it. *sigh*

20. RyanPm40 May 11, 2019
    (Last edited: May 11, 2019)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I never said anyone did say anything “super spoilery” in this thread. That isn’t the point. I’m disagreeing with your statement that spoilers for one movie should be fair game in a thread dedicated to a different movie. Lol all Cameron said was “hey maybe before you *start* talking Endgame spoilers remember this isn’t the Endgame thread and people in here might not have seen it yet.” Totally innocuous and reasonable thing to say. I don’t understand why it’s such a crazy concept to keep spoilers in the thread where they’re relevant. *sigh*

ChaseTx, Joe4th and aoftbsten like this.
  22. PauLo

43% Burnt

The films are in the same universe and are connected through the same characters & events. I’d say talking Endgame in an MCU thread is fair game and definitely expected. It’s close to being out for three weeks now too. 99% of people who wanted to see it will have seen it. Not talking about it because of the 1% who hasn’t is completely unreasonable IMO.

If it was me and I hadn’t seen the film, I wouldn’t be touching any Marvel or MCU related thread with a barge pole. It’s just common sense.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I feel as if spoilers are connected to the franchise of GOTG (what Endgame means for GOTG 3) then it’s appropriate to discuss them in this thread.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Tim

If no one said anything super spoilery about that movie, then yeah, that kinda is part of the point.

All I said in the post you initially responded to was, hey, bigger spoilers are now in TV spots & other marketing materials. Which is true. I'm not gonna drop major plot details all over the place or whatever. I didn't call all "spoilers" for Endgame "fair game" here. But, it's 100% fair for me to bring up, pragmatically, how unrealistic it is to go this long expecting nothing to be revealed to you.

25. Tim

Like, this kinda nonsense is why I fucking hate spoiler culture so much. It's straight up one of the worst things to happen to entertainment discourse, below only bigotry/harassment & plot hole/"Cinema Sins" talk.

I do disagree w/ the idea that all plot details in a Marvel film are free game immediately in all Marvel Studios threads. But, come on. Be reasonable. Especially when it comes to a movie this big, making this much money.